When will we know next years AAC schedule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When will we know next years AAC schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love how Tulane is constantly the butt of jokes and derision around here. Tulane won 7 games and played in a bowl in a destination city (just happened to be their home stadium). As good as I thought UConn's talent was, the Huskies only won 3 games and have not played in the post season for the 3rd consecutive year.

Tulane also has recent sporadic NFL draftee success in Shawn King, JP Losman, Patrick Ramsey, Mewelde Moore, and Matt Forte.

They are a program on the rise again.

7 wins in a conference a tick better than the Sun Belt.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
7 wins in a conference a tick better than the Sun Belt.

Shawn King. Way to reach back.

7 wins = bowl eligible. 3 wins = does not. Do I think UConn has a better prospective future than Tulane with Coach Diaco on board? Yes, but facts are facts.

King and Losman were what they were, but they played 6 and 8 seasons in the NFL, respectively, and are eligible for the league pension. In a business where the average career lasts about 3 seasons, they did pretty well for themselves. Are they HoFers? Not by a long shot, but that is not what we are talking about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
7 wins = bowl eligible. 3 wins =/= does not. Do I think UConn has a better prospective future than Tulane with Coach Diaco on board? Yes, but facts are facts.

King and Losman were what they were, but they played 6 and 8 seasons in the NFL, respectively, and are eligible for the league pension. In a business where the average career lasts about 3 seasons, they did pretty well for themselves. Are they HoFers? Not by a long shot, but that is not what we are talking about.

Tulane is dreck.

Reaction Score
maybe a good idea to start beating programs like Tulane....or SMU.....or ECU.....etc, before throwing around comments like that. Just sayin..........

ECU I can get excited about. I am pretty confident we'll handle Tulane and SMU in the future.

Reaction Score
Excerpts from an article on the UCF site that cannot be linked to ;):

"UCF's 2014 league opponents and home/away designations will soon be revealed. The American Athletic Conference will make a formal announcement in early January, according to the league's Director of Communications Chuck Sullivan. The full schedule will be released in mid-to-late February."

The following is also referenced:

>>In November, schools were given a tentative list of opponents with instructions not to release the information. A staffer at Temple inadvertently listed their home/away slate within their game notes, revealing they'd be hosting Cincinnati, East Carolina, Memphis and Tulsa while traveling to UCF, UConn, Houston and Tulane. An East Carolina fan on a message board, said to be well-connected, claims to have seen the Pirates' opponents which include home games against UCF, UConn, SMU and Tulane and road games at Cincinnati, Houston, Temple and USF.

While schools may have opponents in hand, a source claims the American's television partner, ESPN, makes the final call in all scheduling matters so changes could still be made. For instance, if UCF is not slated to play Cincinnati - two teams that should be the league frontrunners in 2014 - ESPN could put in a request that the game be scheduled.<<

We'll see soon 'nuff I guess.

Another reference to road game @ ECU - Twitter account of the East Carolinian newspaper in Greenville :

TEC_Sports9:31pm via Web
#ECU Football '14 opponents:
(HOME) UNC, NC Central, UCF, SMU, UCONN, TULANE.
(AWAY): Cincy, VT, South Carolina, USF, Tulsa, Temple.

Reaction Score
Just going to take a shot in the dark:
H: BYU, Stony Brook, Boise State, Temple, Cincy, SMU, Tulane
N: Army (really away, but still)
A: ECU, Memphis, USF, Houston

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

If this is our schedule, that is VERY favorable to us! From your keyboard to Aresco's clipboard... ;)

Reaction Score
If this is our schedule, that is VERY favorable to us! From your keyboard to Aresco's clipboard... ;)

If you are right, I want SMU and Tulane here at Thanksgiving. or early December. ALLWAYZZZZ love a team from there coming in to play in the balmy, warm serene Rent late in the year.!!

Reaction Score
10 for 12, not too shabby.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics