When will UConn receive their ACC invitation? | The Boneyard

When will UConn receive their ACC invitation?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Would love to see where everyone's bets are at this point.

Reaction Score
Even though UConn is not responsible, I think that the ACC distances itself.

Reaction Score
It has to be before the world ends in 2012, otherwise, BCU will gloating all through the afterlife.

Reaction Score
Can't honestly answer this poll as I'm holding out for the Big Ten.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Can't honestly answer this poll as I'm holding out for the Big Ten.

So then your answer is never then. If you think we will get invited and accept a Big Ten offer before we ever get an ACC offer...then your guess is never.

Reaction Score
On the basketball board someone started a thread about an SEC invitation. :rolleyes: What a one-sided poll that would be.

Reaction Score
UConn's opportunity to join the ACC will increase when BCU gets an AD who doesn't tuck his tail under his and run like a scared rat hiding under the silly statement that he is "doing what is best for BC". Northwestern does just fine in the shadow of ND and Illinois. The tobacco road schools and Wake are just fine with rivals close by. However, BCU needs to keep UConn down. That is just so weak. BC is losing top Mass recruits to Penn St., Virginia, Iowa and others. They have a lot more to worry about than UConn.

Given that BC will probably only be favored in one more game this year (NC State at home) and has a great chance to go 2-10 or even 1-11, that new AD may be closer than we think. They were already selling $10 tickets on Groupon at the start of the season prior to being embarassed by UCF, and losing to Duke. God knows how much revenue they are losing due to low attendance, cheap tickets, and diminishing donations. That isn't even mentioning the weak hoops program and 2-3,000 attendance at the MENS basketball games.

Reaction Score
UConn's opportunity to join the ACC will increase when BCU gets an AD who doesn't tuck his tail under his and run like a scared rat hiding under the silly statement that he is "doing what is best for BC

Highly unlikely UConn will ever be a part of the ACC.

You're banking on a paradigm shift with the potential new AD at BC. This isn't plausible.

Secondly, the Football-first Schools like FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami and GT want a Football-first Schools. Simple business logic.

The only favorable scenario for UConn is if ND insist on adding your school as a requirement for their acceptance or if the market drastically changes where the SEC poaches 2-3 ACC Schools.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
wow...a little surprised at the voting results so far. Almost half of those who voted think we will get an invite in 2012. And less than 30% of those who voted think we will never get an ACC invite. From the tone of the posts on this board, I was expecting at least 50% of the votes to be 'never'.

Reaction Score
Highly unlikely UConn will ever be a part of the ACC.

You're banking on a paradigm shift with the potential new AD at BC. This isn't plausible.

Secondly, the Football-first Schools like FSU, Clemson, VT, Miami and GT want a Football-first Schools. Simple business logic.

The only favorable scenario for UConn is if ND insist on adding your school as a requirement for their acceptance or if the market drastically changes where the SEC poaches 2-3 ACC Schools.
I agree with this. I just don't see what football-centric schools the ACC could add anymore. ND isn't going to join a conference. The SEC could poach ACC programs. I think adding Uconn right now to the ACC would cause certain ACC programs to lobby the SEC. So, Uconn is not going to the ACC.

Reaction Score
If they're willing to let some horses from BC determine the future of the conference, maybe we shouldn't feel so bad about not joining at this point. I'm thinking a lot less of the conference now that we know what's really been going on. Sleazy is the word that comes to mind. I'm pretty sure that's slightly worse than incompetent on our side. But that may be fixable if we can get rid of Marinate.

Reaction Score
One of the people who voted "never" is a Friars fan.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I just don't see what football-centric schools the ACC could add anymore. ND isn't going to join a conference. The SEC could poach ACC programs. I think adding Uconn right now to the ACC would cause certain ACC programs to lobby the SEC. So, Uconn is not going to the ACC.

I am also inclined to believe UConn will never be in the ACC without a major raid by the SEC. The SEC would need to take 2 maybe even 3 ACC teams before UConn would be considered, if even then.

I have started to accept the fact that we will have to make the best of whatever can be pieced together for a football division in the Big East. I don't like it, but I am just seeing many other options at this point.

Reaction Score
The SEC will add one more school. If it's an ACC school, Rutgers and UConn have a good shot at an ACC invite. However, that will put an end to the Big East having any chance of remaining a BCS league. If Missouri goes to the SEC, Louisville or WVU may move to the Big 12. Same problem. And I don't think the Big 12 stays at 10, most likely they will go to 12 again.

I'm a Big East fan so I hope the Big East can figure a way to survive and prosper. The 6 remaining schools have to stick together if that is to happen. Others here have pointed out that the Big East has performed better than other conferences in different years.

Last year was an odd duck, we need a great performance from whomever goes to the major bowl this year. We also could use a few teams ranked at the end of the season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's say it all together shall we? "There are no football centric schools the ACC can add". ND will never join. WVU would meet the football requirement but has been rejected for lousy academics and markets.

So, if FSU or another school heads to SEC land, please show me the powerful and popular football program just waiting to join.

Reaction Score
Let's say it all together shall we? "There are no football centric schools the ACC can add". ND will never join. WVU would meet the football requirement but has been rejected for lousy academics and markets.

So, if FSU or another school heads to SEC land, please show me the powerful and popular football program just waiting to join.
UCF??

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On the basketball board someone started a thread about an SEC invitation. :rolleyes: What a one-sided poll that would be.
Did you catch his explanation about how the NCAA came up with their ruling against UConn?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
whenever the next round of expansion occurs

if the B12 stays at 10, the B10 stays at 12, and the SEC only goes to 14, it may not come at all

but in that scenario, a revised BE is palatable for me. It's plausible we don't lose anybody else, although it's more likely we lose 1 more

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only football improvement the ACC could add is a school that the conference would never consider (WVU).

If the SEC looks east (I personally am convinced that the only way Missouri gets an offer is if the SEC goes to 16, something the conference will hold off on until the thrid BCS bid is official) they will grab at least one ACC school. At that point we will receive an invitation to join that conference. This may take months, not minutes (as many are hoping) so we need to go about our business instead of hoping and praying that Navy joins the BE and UMass can be convinced to become the conference's savior.

Reaction Score
Did you catch his explanation about how the NCAA came up with their ruling against UConn?

I know it was being sarcastic, just saying the polls are just as irrelevant as the speculation around them!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know it was being sarcastic, just saying the polls are just as irrelevant as the speculation around them!
I knew you were being sarcastic. I was pointing out that as off the wall the posters contention UConn had a realistic shot at the SEC, he alluded that the NCAA did not give UConn a greater penalty over the Nate Mile incident because they knew ahead of time that UConn was going to have an APR problem and they didn't want to over penalize UConn to impact UConn's media contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom