When we get healthy… | The Boneyard

When we get healthy…

Reaction Score
…with the return of Paige and Azzi, based on game performance of late the starting lineup should be Paige, Caroline Ducharme, Dorka, Ono and Nika!

Reaction Score
…with the return of Paige and Azzi, based on game performance of late the starting lineup should be Paige, Caroline Ducharme, Dorka, Ono and Nika!
I'd much rather have Azzi than Nika. Nika can't shoot and is an overrated defender. Sorry, just the facts.

Reaction Score
I'd much rather have Azzi than Nika. Nika can't shoot and is an overrated defender. Sorry, just the facts.
That would be ideal, but Azzi just hasn’t had enough playing time to get there yet.

Reaction Score
Paige, Caroline Ducharme, and Dorka starting - with whoever's playing better between Azzi, Evina and Christyn and whoever's playing better between AE and ONO. Nika, and the rest off the bench.

Though that's IF not WHEN we get healthy, as I don't think it's likely we are ever fully healthy.

Reaction Score
Based on “game performance” you have Caroline on the bench? What does she have to do, clean the arena after the game?

Edit: Apologies. I read right past Caroline Ducharme. Shouldn’t post before Happy Hour.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Based on “game performance” you have Caroline on the bench? What does she have to do, clean the arena after the game?
Caroline Ducharme = #4 Caroline Ducharme

Reaction Score
9CB49381-B03F-4828-824D-6CF9F34D39A7.png
AB80035A-52D4-42BC-BBD0-50D2551F2442.png
Do you have proof those are facts? Are they just your facts?
Nika’s Stats. Azzi’s stats. Is it not a fact that 15% is significantly less than 44%?? Should I watch more elmo be better at counting?

As Walz put it, when Paige and Azzi aren’t on the floor it is quite easier to slack off to pack the paint for help defense. Opposing coaches are pretty objective (i.e. they’re not going to talk up an opposing player just for funsies if they haven’t actually done anything). so there is weight to that.

Honestly neither Azzi nor Nika should start, they both have holes in their game. They will get their earned minutes regardless if they start or come off the bench. With this huge senior class they will get their title “starter” soon enough.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Nika’s Stats. Azzi’s stats. Is it not a fact that 15% is significantly less than 44%?? Should I watch more elmo be better at counting?

As Walz put it, when Paige and Azzi aren’t on the floor it is quite easier to slack off to pack the paint for help defense. Opposing coaches are pretty objective (i.e. they’re not going to talk up an opposing player just for funsies if they haven’t actually done anything). so there is weight to that.

Honestly neither Azzi nor Nika should start, they both have holes in their game. They will get their earned minutes regardless if they start or come off the bench. With this huge senior class they will get their title “starter” soon enough.
Name me a UConn player who does not have holes in her game.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There isn't.
Some "holes" are bigger than others. Some holes are fatal. Azzi has fewer holes than Nika. If you need proof of this go back to the beginning of the season when both players were relatively healthy and look at the rotation and distribution of minutes and consider that Nika was the starter during the prior season.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
There isn't.
Some "holes" are bigger than others. Some holes are fatal. Azzi has fewer holes than Nika. If you need proof of this go back to the beginning of the season when both players were relatively healthy and look at the rotation and distribution of minutes and consider that Nika was the starter during the prior season.
That is true but Azzi came with a super, can't miss reputation that would have caused some to wonder why she was not a starter immediately. Also, I definitely know some holes are bigger than others. I think many UConn fans know that.

Reaction Score
I can’t. And never claimed no one else has holes. My apologies if I made it seem like no one else has holes in their game?

I never said “no one others have holes” I simply presented “proof” of facts you inquired about.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That is true but Azzi came with a super, can't miss reputation that would have caused some to wonder why she was not a starter immediately. Also, I definitely know some holes are bigger than others. I think many UConn fans know that.
Well.. if we want to talk about pre-UCONN reputations then you may recall that there were major concerns about Nika ability to shoot the ball adequately when she was being recruited. Those concerns have become real now and are ongoing. Azzi's struggles i(f any) are injury related.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I can’t. And never claimed no one else has holes. My apologies if I made it seem like no one else has holes in their game?

I never said “no one others have holes” I simply presented “proof” of facts you inquired about.
I was responding to your posting that said Azzi and Nika had holes in their game and should not start. I was just pointing out that all the players have holes and that should not be held against only the two freshmen as a reason for not starting.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why you would start Nika over Christyn or Azzi?
If Nika starts, then who sits is a dilemma. One reason you might want Nika in there is that the next best option for PG is Paige. I don't think anyone else is a true PG. Basically, they would be playing out of position. When Paige comes back do you really want your best scorer bringing the ball up the court and making the first pass? No, you want your best scorer to immediately be available to shoot the ball. Nika, you bring the ball up court and pass it to Paige. Just like most of last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom