When was the last time... | The Boneyard

When was the last time...

Reaction Score
Duke, UNC, Michigan St, Kentucky, Uconn, Indiana, Florida, Cuse, and Zona were all NOT ranked. I mean, a few of those teams in any given year would not be too much of a shock, but all of those teams not ranked, wow! It seems a few are very likely on the verge though.

Even Kansas is not looking so hot these days (11-6) and other older powers still struggle such as GTown and St. Johns.

Wild times for a wild year, I suppose. UConn could really take advantage, if only there weren't a few unlucky bounces and injuries, this year is prime for a darkhorse and/or first time champion. Perhaps this is truly Gonzagas best shot at winning it all, or Baylor.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Watching the Zags play is like watching a pro team but I thought the same watching the 99 Duke team.
Zags began the season testing themselves schedule-wise. Since then, they have fallen into a pattern of beating up on terrible teams that offer no real competition or resistance. This is why, per usual, they will falter in March.

Reaction Score
Zags began the season testing themselves schedule-wise. Since then, they have fallen into a pattern of beating up on terrible teams that offer no real competition or resistance. This is why, per usual, they will falter in March.
In a crazy year like this, If we are out of contention, then I would like to see Gonzaga and Mark Few finally break through and win a National Championship. This may be their best chance with the other powerhouses having a down year.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing, but I went with Duke, Kentucky, Michigan ST, and Kansas. I think the one and done. elite prospects, is not as effective as is was early on in the past decade. Also it seems to me those coaches have slipped a bit, in terms of coaching and roster development. Time will tell though.

Reaction Score
if zags dont win this year or next (with chet holmgren and sallis most likely) they prob never will

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I actually heard this during a game last week. The last time UNC and Duke were not ranked was 1982. The last time UNC, Duke and Kentucky were not ranked was 1961.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom