When was the last time UConn won on a buzzer beater? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When was the last time UConn won on a buzzer beater?

Reaction Score
Slightly off topic with the OPs question, but in terms of the top 3 best UConn buzzer beaters of all time, it’s gotta be:

1. Tate’s vs. Clemson during the dream season NCAA tourney 1990
2. Kemba vs. Pitt BET 2011
3. Rip vs. Washington NCAA tourney 1998

So many other good ones though….
Tate's might be the best ever in any basketball game.

Reaction Score
3. Rip vs. Washington NCAA tourney 1998
10 seconds remaining
El-Amin off to Voskuhl, he was pushed, the shot won't drop
Hamilton NO
ANOTHER TIP NO
HAMILTON AT THE BUZZER, YES, YES.

At 13 that game sent my heart into overdrive. ("Cotton swab delight" during the first replay of the final 10 seconds was funny as hell too)

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Serious question, what did the people who have issues with how JA played expect from him during those years post freshman season?

If I were to guess, you see his old teammate on the Cavs and think that should be Adams.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He played and won a NCAA tournament game . Then lost in the the second round to the overall 1 seed .
Who then lost to the eventual Champs Nova .
A better seed and bracket and that team was sweet sixteen or elite 8 . 2016 was the last UConn team to win a tournament game until last year.,
That team was AAC tournament champs
He kind of got screwed over his last 3 years with little talent , injuries , and desertions . His minutes played were off the charts
Although the team was short handed and not very good he had a great year his sophomore year .
His 196 assists is an incredible achievement in a year were he suffered a concussion, and an ankle sprain that he was forced to play on because it was six man team
That team included two freshman that he made look better than they were.
Even his undermanned junior year team was 5-0 and playing a 30 win MSU team even when Gilbert went down .
It’s pretty difficult to look good when your option 1-2-3-4-5
I Thought Hurley screwed up making Gilbert the lead guard and moving him to the two . I know Danny loved Gilbert who was a terrific player and kid. but very weak at finding teammates and finishing at the rim . That was by far Adams worst year . Third team all AAC for a guy who if he could defend better would be in the NBA and has played in the top Euro Leagues , was an awful way to go out .
Adams got screwed over because he had little talent around him
Wilth options like , Sanogo , Clingan , Hawkins , Jackson , Karaban , Spencer even Martin , Bouknight , Akok , and an experienced Vital , Carlton , Whaley
and Polley. he would have been awesome.
Gilbert was out of the rotation for Vital by the end of the year I feel like?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom