When the assistant coaches salaries skyrocket...... | The Boneyard

When the assistant coaches salaries skyrocket......

Reaction Score
Is this a common trend or something new?

A multi-time FCS National Champion coach is leaving to become an assistant coach at a P2 school.

North Dakota State Coach Matt Entz, a 2-time FCS National Champion Coach with a 60-10 overall head coach record, has resigned and joined Lincoln Riley at USC as the new Assistant Coach for Defense/Linebackers. Is this common or shocking? It seems shocking to me. But if the big bucks now flow to assistant coaches too, we will probably see more of this in the future.

Reaction Score
Is this a common trend or something new?

A multi-time FCS National Champion coach is leaving to become an assistant coach at a P2 school.

North Dakota State Coach Matt Entz, a 2-time FCS National Champion Coach with a 60-10 overall head coach record, has resigned and joined Lincoln Riley at USC as the new Assistant Coach for Defense/Linebackers. Is this common or shocking? It seems shocking to me. But if the big bucks now flow to assistant coaches too, we will probably see more of this in the future.

Not common but not unheard of. Charlton left Maine to come here, and his predecessor left to go coach at Minnesota. FCS headcoach pays probably about 200k, i would guess. I think Barthell is getting 700k at Nebraska to coach running backs.

Reaction Score
Not common but not unheard of. Charlton left Maine to come here, and his predecessor left to go coach at Minnesota. FCS headcoach pays probably about 200k, i would guess. I think Barthell is getting 700k at Nebraska to coach running backs.
Morehead left fordham for Penn State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom