When does the Route 84 sign get updated? | The Boneyard

When does the Route 84 sign get updated?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It is about 25 miles from the MA border to the UConn Tolland exit. South of the Border this -ish. Every mile a championship sign, oldest to most recent. The last one can be the flourish we keep adding to.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They finally got smart and changed the #-Time part to update quickly, like a McDonald's XX billion served sign.
They should set it up like the old fashioned baseball scoreboards (similar to Fenway) where they can just change the number from behind every time we win another.

Reaction Score
One sign for every championship placed at intervals leading up to the exit.
I’m gonna bet each sign costs more than you and I can fathom, so 20+ signs would be rather expensive.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Love the sign. Hate the sign.

It’s too small to read going by it at, ahem, 65 mph.
They need to redo it, with either more signs or a bigger sign. Much bigger font.
Agreed. We can come up with something that doesn't look like a sheet of painted plywood with some vinyl letters stuck on it.

Reaction Score
I remember when I drove by this in 99 and was just excited that the men’s team was finally up there. Believe back then it just said “1999 champions”. It still blows my mind that we’re at 6 now. How did we get here? What a charmed life.

Reaction Score
Can’t we get one of those new electronic billboards we can customize however we want? You can have the titles up there, highlights (today in Husky history) and welcomes to recruits on their way in for a visit?

Cmon Ned. Step up.

Its an Interstate Highway regulated by FHWA and the AASHTO so I doubt it will be allowed.

To be honest - It surprises me that this current sign its allowed in the first place. Actually, I think its legal as long as the sign is Blue/White.

I remember Governor Cuomo invested in a bunch of "I love NY signs" with points of interests/tourist hotspots across the state. After spending several million dollars the federal government told him the signs didnt meet federal standards for Interstates and had to be removed.

Reaction Score
Can’t we get one of those new electronic billboards we can customize however we want? You can have the titles up there, highlights (today in Husky history) and welcomes to recruits on their way in for a visit?

Cmon Ned. Step up.
Wouldn't comply with MUTCD

Reaction Score
I drove by the new sign today. It looks cleaner, but somehow even smaller than before.
Should be an electronic billboard.

Reaction Score
Its an Interstate Highway regulated by FHWA and the AASHTO so I doubt it will be allowed.

To be honest - It surprises me that this current sign its allowed in the first place. Actually, I think its legal as long as the sign is Blue/White.

I remember Governor Cuomo invested in a bunch of "I love NY signs" with points of interests/tourist hotspots across the state. After spending several million dollars the federal government told him the signs didnt meet federal standards for Interstates and had to be removed.

Your post is why CT sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom