When Did Stef Get The Tattoo | The Boneyard

When Did Stef Get The Tattoo

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1549124916893.png

She does have the young Stef look does she not?

It's out of a Jeff Jacobs article that I think is terrific.

Jeff Jacobs: Can UConn fix its flaws?

Reaction Score
It's only my opinion of course, and I don't give a [provide your own expletive] who disagrees with me, but why would a young woman deface herself like this? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand modern culture.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's only my opinion of course, and I don't give a [provide your own expletive] who disagrees with me, but why would a young woman deface herself like this? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand modern culture.
Because young women aren’t burdened with the expectation that they need to live up to a man’s definition of beauty like my generation? That young women today don’t need men to approve of her choices about how to adorn her own body?

Reaction Score
Because young women aren’t burdened with the expectation that they need to live up to a man’s definition of beauty like my generation? That young women today don’t need men to approve of her choices about how to adorn her own body?
I'm sorry if I was clumsy. I should have substituted the word "person" for "young woman." I would have felt the same whether the person defacing their body was a man or a woman, young or old. Seems like a rather poor choice, branding oneself in order to make a point. And BTW I highly doubt that she was trying to make your point when she got the tattoo. Probably more a case of peer pressure, or keeping up with the Joneses, or jumping in the lake because someone else did it. And a lack of common sense.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tats are nothing new. However this particular generation seems to have an affinity for them. It is what it is. While I make not like the tat sleeve, I'm not going to judge anyone on their body art. Heck, I have friends my age who have tats!

Our youngest son, now in his early 30's has tats. Not our choice but his. He is also in the Navy and tats have a long tradition for sailors as well as other branches of the military.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Tattoos have been around for over 5000 years. There is a long history in various cultures and professions. And of course these are young people and young people have always tended to make choices that their elders do not approve. Who hasn't made a choice that they may not have made later in life? I never got a tattoo, and most people my age did not get them. But things change, fashions go in and out of fashion. It does not bother me at all what choices other people make for themselves. Now some of my past decisions , they do give me pause!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I wonder if there is a tat saying "tiny BBQ grill" buried somewhere in that sleeve? Of course she may have corrected it to say "Japanese BBQ finger"

I saw a very attractive woman once that had "REMEMBER TO BREATH" in large block letters tattoed on the inside of her forearm. It made my day.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maori Tattoo Gallery here: Maori Tattoo Gallery - Zealand Tattoo

Tattoo or piercing? Hmmmm. Maybe a nice philtrum ring huh, for those who like being lead around by the nose? As one British publication called it: Bovine Chic.

To each his or her own.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm sorry if I was clumsy. I should have substituted the word "person" for "young woman." I would have felt the same whether the person defacing their body was a man or a woman, young or old. Seems like a rather poor choice, branding oneself in order to make a point. And BTW I highly doubt that she was trying to make your point when she got the tattoo. Probably more a case of peer pressure, or keeping up with the Joneses, or jumping in the lake because someone else did it. And a lack of common sense.
The tattooing and piercing seen today has a name - body art. Every generation has its own way of self expression. For a segment of the young people, it’s currently body art. In the 80’s it was mohawk hairdos and super-gelled up hairstyles in assorted colors. In the 60’s it was long hair, love beads, and peace signs. In the 50’s it was poodle skits, leather jackets and pompadours.

That the tattooing is permanent is really the only difference. I know some people my age that have regretted getting a tat during an impulsive (or drunken) moment but only time will tell if the young folks today will feel the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good article by Jacobs. The overriding theme is it ain't just one thing or person. Geno seems to think it fixable. Not that it will be fixed necessarily, but that it can be fixed. It will be an interesting end of the season.

I stick with my comment that if this team can figure it out what it needs to do, it may well be one of my favorite seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dear mom & dad, thank you for inviting myself and Lily for dinner this weekend. Sorry we have not been by sooner. She is looking forward to meeting you both. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'm sending this snap shot. This will help you both feel like you already know her somewhat.
She is a wonderful down to earth charming gal, very much the artsy type.
Love, your son and Lily.

d33261b321fb295088a24e83ad157da0.jpg

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Sam lost her very young niece ( maybe a year old) and then her grandmother the summer before she came to Louisville and her Freshman year. Or, very early in her college career. Her sleeve honors them both. I’ve not seen the whole thing but a local photographer got a great photo during a game, I am attaching it. I certainly appreciate the sentiment. Not for my body, but I appreciate the meaning of it.
89DACF9A-D9EE-4879-8134-D16BF4C43784.jpeg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The tattooing and piercing seen today has a name - body art. Every generation has its own way of self expression. For a segment of the young people, it’s currently body art. In the 80’s it was mohawk hairdos and super-gelled up hairstyles in assorted colors. In the 60’s it was long hair, love beads, and peace signs. In the 50’s it was poodle skits, leather jackets and pompadours.

That the tattooing is permanent is really the only difference. I know some people my age that have regretted getting a tat during an impulsive (or drunken) moment but only time will tell if the young folks today will feel the same.

Tattoo Removal Statistics 2017 | Fresh Start Laser Tattoo Removal Clinic

Tattoo Removal Statistics - Tattoo Stats, Facts and Data | Trend Statistics

Interesting info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44