When did Morgan Tuck become simply "Tuck"? | The Boneyard

When did Morgan Tuck become simply "Tuck"?

Reaction Score
I mean, this is important.

When she came to UConn as a freshman, she was "Morgan Tuck," naturally. At some point, she was referred to simply as "Tuck," as in "Stewie, Mo, and Tuck."

When did she actually become simply "Tuck," sort of like "Madonna"?

As I said, this is important.

Reaction Score
January 14, 2014.....9:23 in the morning at the dairy barn during the famous food fight..someone yelled Duck Tuck as a scoop of rum raisin whizzed by her ear...hence the moniker was born..this is well documented in her interview in the Basketball Weekly interview entitled "The luck of Tuck."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I mean, this is important.
When she came to UConn as a freshman, she was "Morgan Tuck," naturally. At some point, she was referred to simply as "Tuck," as in "Stewie, Mo, and Tuck."
When did she actually become simply "Tuck," sort of like "Madonna"?
As I said, this is important.
It was the 2013 semi-finals against ND at the 8:01 mark of the first half. Morgan missed a jumper & Dave O'Brien quickly shorten Morgan Tuck to Tuck so the action could continue.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Speaking of shortened monikers, we have a year to solve this problem. CD is worn out. Catherine Ducharme should not be burdened with it. There was a day when we had the patience to wait until the team handed out a moniker. This is how it should be again. If they don't do it then we can come up with a playing label.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Speaking of shortened monikers, we have a year to solve this problem. CD is worn out. Catherine Ducharme should not be burdened with it. There was a day when we had the patience to wait until the team handed out a moniker. This is how it should be again. If they don't do it then we can come up with a playing label.
I don’t know, Caroline Ducharme kind of works.

Reaction Score
At least you got her last name right. Her first name is Caroline.

Reaction Score
It was Christmas of 2017. A knock came at her door. She opened it and saw a large, rotund bald man dressed in a brown robe holding a staff. He looked down at her and said, "I'm your Friar, Tuck".

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Once we find out just who "Catherine" Ducharme is , we will get to work on it. Perhaps she is related to Caroline? BTW, the French surname Ducharme is a topoographic name meaning one who lives near a hornbeam. So could we call her hornbeam? Or maybe "Woody"? ;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
January 14, 2014.....9:23 in the morning at the dairy barn during the famous food fight..someone yelled Duck Tuck as a scoop of rum raisin whizzed by her ear...hence the moniker was born..this is well documented in her interview in the Basketball Weekly interview entitled "The luck of Tuck."
She actually ducked instead of trying to grab it with her mouth? What a waste of Dairy Bar ice cream. She shoulda been expelled.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The first person I heard call Tuck “Tuck” was Geno, while she was still playing at UConn.
Geno always reflects what the team calls their respective teammates. Sometimes, it takes awhile for that info to leak out. The Big 3 became Stewie, Tuck & Mo because that’s how their teammates referred to them. In addition, those references pretty much have to either be 2 or 1 syllable names that can be easily understood during games when players are communicating to each other on the court. Hence Napheesa became “Pheesa”.

I don’t like the use of initials to refer to any UConn player, with the exception of KML, whom I make an exception for. Katie Lou Samuelson is simply “Lou” and Crystal Dangerfield is just “Crystal”.

As for Caroline Ducharme, “Caroline” has too many syllables, so I will be curious to see what moniker her teammates come up with. I’ll just throw this one out for consideration. How about “Duke”, referencing nobility, not the tobacco farmer that a particular school in Durham, NC was named for.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'd always heard it was 10:17.

Reaction Score
Hey! I was born on January 14th!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Isn't there a Red Sox fan in the house or are all of you in hiding. :rolleyes: She has to be 'Sweet'. Can't be anything else in NE. Also that's kind of the sound he high arching 30 footer makes at it ripples the net.

(We have a Red Sox single A team in town. The mascot was all over me for not standing during 'Sweet Caroline' until I showed him my Yankee hat. He left without a word.)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Normally, calling someone by just her/his last name is a sign of disrespect, but Morgan, er, Tuck, seems to be fine with it.

I recall reading about a student that once called out to then men's BB head coach Bobby Knight at Indiana, just before berating him..............."Hey Knight" the student said. Needless to say, the student got Bobby's attention, and Knight became enraged, and began looking around for a chair. :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom