When are our transfers able to play? | The Boneyard

When are our transfers able to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When do our transfers, like Shakim Phillips, get to play? What is the NCAA rule on this? I know people have to sit out a full year if they transfer, but what is a 'full year'? Say somebody in Garret Gilbert's situation (not saying he will come here). Will he have to techincally sit out a full year and a half?

Reaction Score
None of our transfers played this season for their old school They will be eligible to play next fall.

Because Gilbert played this year, I assume he has to sit out next year and can't play for someone else until '13. Which is why football players almost never transfer during a season. It's not like hoops where if you transfer before the start of the second semester you can play the second semester the following year.

Reaction Score
When do our transfers, like Shakim Phillips, get to play? What is the NCAA rule on this? I know people have to sit out a full year if they transfer, but what is a 'full year'? Say somebody in Garret Gilbert's situation (not saying he will come here). Will he have to techincally sit out a full year and a half?
As far as the 3 transfers already in the program they can practice with the team, and they are already. I believe the LB from MD was scout player of the week. They'll all be eligible in Sept.
Regarding the transfer QB from TX, it depends on the circumstances of his travel. But, he most likely would need to sit all next year unless he goes to a 1-AA school.

Reaction Score
They made news when they transferred, but then they are basically forgotten. But I am extremely excited to see them play next year. All 3 should be immediate contributors to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom