When ACC voted unanimously to increase exit fee | The Boneyard

When ACC voted unanimously to increase exit fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
to $20m from roughly $12m does anyone know the ACC rules, meaning did they need just a simple majority or 2/3rds to carry vote.

I'm amazed that Florida State, Clemson, and Maryland would vote to up exit fee. Why?

I figure vote would be 9-3 or maybe 8-4. Was the vote not really unanimous, but (like what happens at the FED) the disenters, knowing they don't have enough votes, cave.

Reaction Score
Uconn has been in disfunctional/split conference for so long it is tough for us to get our heads around the notion that it is possible that many schools like their conferences.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know what the final talley of that vote was but that conference needs 75% or better on all issues.

Reaction Score
what i cannot figure out is why fsu voted to increase the exit fee to $20m a few days after announcing the creation of an expansion committee. was it peer pressure? is it a conditional exit fee (i.e. conditional upon expanding with "the right" candidates)? there is more to this, though i suppose we won't know until fsu accepts an invite to the sec.

it concerns me that the formation of the expansion committee was fsu's way of telling the acc that they better not invite a bunch of "non-football" schools, or else. wouldn't the acc have to wait until all conference were at 16 before they could safely fill one of their slots with a "non-football" school? if this is the case, we could be waiting on an acc offer for years...

Reaction Score
I don't know what the final talley of that vote was but that conference needs 75% or better on all issues.

it was a unanimous vote, according to their press release. i don't have the energy to find the link, too much internet surfing today.

Reaction Score
to $20m from roughly $12m does anyone know the ACC rules, meaning did they need just a simple majority or 2/3rds to carry vote.

I'm amazed that Florida State, Clemson, and Maryland would vote to up exit fee. Why?

I figure vote would be 9-3 or maybe 8-4. Was the vote not really unanimous, but (like what happens at the FED) the disenters, knowing they don't have enough votes, cave.

In my view, the conference affiliation thing is a lot like game theory - all of the conferences are better off together staying put, but are afraid of the instability in the event that someone else leaves. Except Colorado to Pac-12 for geographic and cultural reasons (and the jury is still out on that), I can't think of a move that really benefited the team that moved, all else being equal (i.e., Virginia Tech was a net beneficiary of moving, but prob would have been better off staying in the BE along with Miami and BCU)

Reaction Score
In my view, the conference affiliation thing is a lot like game theory - all of the conferences are better off together staying put, but are afraid of the instability in the event that someone else leaves. Except Colorado to Pac-12 for geographic and cultural reasons (and the jury is still out on that), I can't think of a move that really benefited the team that moved, all else being equal (i.e., Virginia Tech was a net beneficiary of moving, but prob would have been better off staying in the BE along with Miami and BCU)

Yep, as I posted on the bball board... the Pitt/Cuse defection was a classic prisoner's dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom