What's you Mock look like? | The Boneyard

What's you Mock look like?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Jet's & Giants near the top of the board. UConn alum John Dorsey holding 2 of the top 4 picks. Big night coming up!

Go as far as you want...............give insight on what your team will do............GO

My Mock Draft

1. Browns - Josh Allen
2. Giants - Sam Darnold
3. Jets - Baker Mayfield
4. Browns - Bradley Chubb
5. Denver - Josh Rosen
6. Colts - Saquon Barkley

Patriots - I don't care

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Jet's & Giants near the top of the board. UConn alum John Dorsey holding 2 of the top 4 picks. Big night coming up!

Go as far as you want.....give insight on what your team will do..GO

My Mock Draft

1. Browns - Josh Allen
2. Giants - Sam Darnold
3. Jets - Baker Mayfield
4. Browns - Bradley Chubb
5. Denver - Josh Rosen
6. Colts - Saquon Barkley

Patriots - I don't care

1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield
4. Chubb
5. Allen

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Man I am so torn on what I want the Giants to do. I love Barkley and they have been so terrible at the RB position for so long. Barkley would be a great get. However, Eli is 37 and if they wouldn't give Webb playing time last year, then they need to get a QB. However, I don't like any of the QBs this year. I still wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down and take an OL

Reaction Score
I'm dreading this day because I fear my Jets are going to draft Mayfield and he will no doubt be a major NFL bust. Only the Jets are dumb enough to be sucked in by the hype of this undertalented jerk.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Husky Vs draft is what I want, but I think Shaky's draft is what we might very well see.

I think Allen is a bust. Will the Browns really make another poor QB choice in the first round yet again?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I want the Pats to draft Baker Mayfield. I don't care if he's any good, it'll make things interesting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm dreading this day because I fear my Jets are going to draft Baker and he will no doubt be a major NFL bust.
As a Giants fan I love the idea of Mayfield to the Jets. It will be either pure car crash or fascinating football, either way I'll be entertained. I dont want to see the Giants take Barkley and the Jets take someone like Rosen or Darnald and become the team of the town for 15 years. Thats my crossroads nightmare.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Man I am so torn on what I want the Giants to do. I love Barkley and they have been so terrible at the RB position for so long. Barkley would be a great get. However, Eli is 37 and if they wouldn't give Webb playing time last year, then they need to get a QB. However, I don't like any of the QBs this year. I still wouldn't be shocked to see them trade down and take an OL

I would love Barkley, but if the QB you want is there you have to take him.

I am a bit concerned that the fact that there is no "obvious" #1 QB, they are all overrated.

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan I love the idea of Mayfield to the Jets. It will be either pure car crash or fascinating football, either way I'll be entertained. I dont want to see the Giants take Barkley and the Jets take someone like Rosen or Darnald and become the team of the town for 15 years. Thats my crossroads nightmare.

Don't worry, you can count on the Jets to do the wrong thing. Mayfield will indeed be an epic car crash.

I love Darnold, I think Allen has a huge upside, Rosen will at least be good if he stays healthy and the Jets will take the car crash, I can hear the tires squealing already.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Giants stay at 2 and pick Barkley.... maybe they can hire Diaco in two years.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Don't worry, you can count on the Jets to do the wrong thing. Mayfield will indeed be an epic car crash.

I love Darnold, I think Allen has a huge upside, Rosen will at least be good if he stays healthy and the Jets will take the car crash, I can hear the tires squealing already.

Being a Jets fan...I agree that no matter what direction they go, they will fail. Just a fun part of being a miserable Jets fan!

But...I am for the mayfield pick. I love Darnold but he won’t be there. Allen is too much of a project. I think it’s a toss up with Rosen...if Rosen didn’t have any injury issues, I say go with Rosen. But...the concussion is concerning. I think Mayfield is very accurate and fits the west coast offense they want to run.

I have to admit...i have enjoyed following the draft this year.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I would love Barkley, but if the QB you want is there you have to take him.

I am a bit concerned that the fact that there is no "obvious" #1 QB, they are all overrated.
This is my thought 100% on this quarterback draft class. The fact that there are supposedly four really good quarterbacks means to me that there's not really one stand out so it's kind of a crapshoot as to who you pick. This is kind of why I'm hoping the Giants lean towards taking Barkley instead of a quarterback. However I'm sure 3 years from now maybe two years from now I'll look back and wish they'd taken a quarterback when Eli is limping off the field.

Reaction Score
1. Cleveland- Darnold
2. Buffalo - Allen
3. Jets - Mayfield
4. Cleveland- Nelson
5. Denver -Rosen
6. Indy - Barkley
7. TB - Chubb

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
As a Giant fan, I want Barkley unless Darnold is there.
The Jets should get Mayfield for his leadership and fiery attitude.

The Pats should get Mason Rudolph if he is there.

Reaction Score
All of these supposed “in the know” leaks as to which QB is really in the lead for the Browns and who the Giant’s and Jets (wink) are actually targeting reminds me of Red Auerbach who was once sitting with the second pick and a trusted reporter asked who he (shhh) really wanted. Red famously was quoted as saying, “We’ll, let me just say that if Cleveland doesn’t take Brad Daugherty, I will”. Cleveland bit and took Daugherty causing Red to smile wide, pull out his cigar and shout Hosannah, as he gleefully selected his actual coveted choice, Len Bias.
I’ll be very surprised if these are the guys (in any order) selected as the top 6 picks:
1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield
4. Chubb
5. Allen
6. Rosen

Reaction Score
All of these supposed “in the know” leaks as to which QB is really in the lead for the Browns and who the Giant’s and Jets (wink) are actually targeting reminds me of Red Auerbach who was once sitting with the second pick and a trusted reporter asked who he (shhh) really wanted. Red famously was quoted as saying, “We’ll, let me just say that if Cleveland doesn’t take Brad Daugherty, I will”. Cleveland bit and took Daugherty causing Red to smile wide, pull out his cigar and shout Hosannah, as he gleefully selected his actual coveted choice, Len Bias.
I’ll be very surprised if these are the guys (in any order) selected as the top 6 picks:
1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield
4. Chubb
5. Allen
6. Rosen

As I recall, that didn't turn out so well.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Jets fan but I would love to see Joe Namath come out his full length fur coat to announce Baker Mayfield as the next great Jets QB. Personally, I like Mayfield. He's short, but he's a confident kid that plays like he has something to prove. The Giants can suck forever as far a I'm concerned. If the Browns don't take Barkley #1, they deserve to suck. They can still get a decent QB at 4. Go Steelers!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have to admit I’m shocked that anyone would want their team to use a pick at the top of the draft in Barkley.

His position is obsolete.

Reaction Score
I have to admit I’m shocked that anyone would want their team to use a pick at the top of the draft in Barkley.

I was really impressed by Barkley's skills and felt Cleveland could possibly take him at P1 then get their QB at P4. They can't screw up by taking their QB at P1 and a guy like Chubb at P4 but Barkley struck me as an impact guy who could really help take some pressure off a new QB.

On the other hand there's some data that questions the value of taking a RB too early in the draft and reflects on the relative importance of the position in today's game.
Invest big money in RBs like Adrian Peterson? Data says think again

They might be better off with the edge rusher at P2 then fill other needs with 3 picks in the 2nd round. But still, Barkley was impressive. Giants are in an interesting spot for sure with Barkley as an option. At QB I like Mayfield a lot, but Sam is probably the safe pick.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
1. Darnold
2. Barkley
3. Mayfield
4. Chubb
5. Allen

Wow...I thought the mayfield stuff was a smokescreen. I couldn’t be happier with the Jets getting Darnold. I still like Mayfield, but it was a riskier pick. Darnold was very good in 2017, but he was great in 2016. I love his demeanor for the Jets.

I am sure he will have a catastrophic injury the first day of camp, but I am hopeful the Jets finally caught a break.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t be happier with the Jets getting Darnold.

I'm ecstatic, I think Darnold is a right handed version of Ken Stabler. The Jets finally get lucky for a change.

My heartfelt condolences to Browns fans. They could not have screwed that up any worse than they did. Just terrible with both picks.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Not when you can run, catch and pass protect like he can. None of the quarterbacks thrilled the Giant's front office

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not when you can run, catch and pass protect like he can. None of the quarterbacks thrilled the Giant's front office

This is pretty simple stuff.

The average salary for running backs has fallen as the salary cap has risen.

Even though they were 5-10 years behind, the sport has figured out the relative value of running backs is at an all time low.

Their careers are short and their peak is even shorter. Almost no one can take the punishment.

League is completely dominated by quarterbacks. The Giants don’t have a quarterback and have now put together a 7-9, 8-8 team that puts them in a position where to get a quarterback they will have to spend through the nose in either cap room or draft equity.

You wouldn’t think you could be the GM of an NFL team and miss the fork in Eli’s back... but here we are.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is pretty simple stuff.

The average salary for running backs has fallen as the salary cap has risen.
The Giant's had one of the worse running games the past three years, this will help

Even though they were 5-10 years behind, the sport has figured out the relative value of running backs is at an all time low.
After watching what some backs did last year and how the new coaching staff likes to run, this pick makes sense

Their careers are short and their peak is even shorter. Almost no one can take the punishment.
Agree with that about shorten careers, unless he has a career like Barry Sanders or Emmit Smith

League is completely dominated by quarterbacks. The Giants don’t have a quarterback and have now put together a 7-9, 8-8 team that puts them in a position where to get a quarterback they will have to spend through the nose in either cap room or draft equity.
Maybe they love Webb

You wouldn’t think you could be the GM of an NFL team and miss the fork in Eli’s back... but here we are.
The offensive line should be improved and more weapons shouldn't hurt him either. I like the pick if they couldn't trade down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The offensive line should be improved and more weapons shouldn't hurt him either. I like the pick if they couldn't trade down.

Thanks for the reminder they played Geno Smith over Webb last year.

Unappreciated insanity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom