What's Wrong with Oklahoma Lose Again | The Boneyard

What's Wrong with Oklahoma Lose Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I love how Sheri Coale runs her program, but she is a ways away from where she was the year they got to the NC. Just goes to show how hard it is to sustain excellence.

That said, I think she is a few impact players away from having a top-10 program again. Nicole Kornet committed for next year, she is a great outside shooter and strogn enough to mix it up inside.

The problem with the recruiting for OK, UT and even to a certain extent Baylor is that they really need to lock down the Texas recruits. There is so much talent in this area, and with the national powerhouses like UConn and Stanford coming in to recruit, it's hard to entice a kid to go to school in Waco, Texas or Norman, OK. (Austin is a whole other situation, I have no idea why GG has done such a poor job there!)

Oklahoma traditionally recruits lots of football players from Texas, for example. It's not that far from DFW and although there is a big rivalry between the states, tons of kids from Texas go to school up there. But for girl's basketball, look at the players that have gotten away from those three schools in the past couple years:

Both O sisters to Stanford
Alexis Jones (12) to Duke
Moriah Jefferson to UConn
Krystal Forthan to LSU
Amber Orrange and Alex Greene to Stanford
Meighan Simmons to Tennessee
Kelsey Bone to SC originally
Brooklyn Pope to Rutgers

If any of those players stays "local" and goes to OU or UT, that's a huge impact for either program.

Actually, the best coach in the state for recruiting and developing home-grown talent is Gary Blair. The majority of his players are from Texas. (again, it would be pretty tough to convince anyone from outside Texas to go live in College Station).

I think if OU could get two to three quality Texas players each year, plus maybe add an impact player from somewhere else, they could be in the mix again.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
After the way Uconn dismantled A & M, Blair may just have lost his NC edge and Gail having stole Stafford should be jumping all over his recruits right now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
After the way Uconn dismantled A & M, Blair may just have lost his NC edge and Gail having stole Stafford should be jumping all over his recruits right now.
that is true but UCONN plays Oklahoma later this year. i see another dismantling in the future...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If I was an aTm recruit I would consider how much worse UConn would dismantle Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom