What's Up With the Ivy League? | The Boneyard

What's Up With the Ivy League?

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for portal news from several Ivy League grads to see where they wind up. As we know, the Ivy League does not allow players to stay for the extra covid year approved by the NCAA, so there is a pretty good group of seniors who are left out. Off the top of my head, I can think of three from Columbia (Davis, Pratt and Patrick), Harvard's McKenzie Forbes (a 6'0 guard), and, maybe the cream of the crop, Kayla Padilla from Penn. She might not be the most physical guard in the country, but she gets by, and the young lady can score. There has to be lots of teams that could use that.

It has been very quiet since Ebo went from Yale to Duke early in the process. If they are in the portal, I would think Davis and Padilla, in particular, would be getting a lot of attention. I just assume Padilla could be looking to get closer to home in California. Davis? I wouldn't mind seeing her come on down to Vandy and see what she can do with coach Ralph.

* Pratt and Patrick are not showing up on Raoul's transfer list

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some in-game announcers stated that some on the Princeton women’s team disenrolled from the University during that 2021 season so they wouldn’t burn a year of eligibility. Perhaps others in the Ivy did the same?

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Some in-game announcers stated that some on the Princeton women’s team disenrolled from the University during that 2021 season so they wouldn’t burn a year of eligibility. Perhaps others in the Ivy did the same?
Your friendly neighborhood Ivy League lexical pedant checking in with a minor quibble: disenroll doesn't mean what you think it means. It is a transitive verb. One may disenroll someone or something else. I suspect they withdrew, which is a fair enough antonym for enrolled .

If you are simply paraphrasing “some in-game announcers”, the error is theirs. In any event, I agree with you. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom