What's up with Sweeney? | The Boneyard

What's up with Sweeney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's 6' 4", 225 lbs and he has zero home runs and 12 RBI as a starting outfielder for the Sox playing half his games in a hitter's park. In fact in 7 years (the equivalent of three full years in plate appearances) he has a total of 14 dingers. He also rarely walks. I would think that a good hitting coach could turn him into a solid player. I hope he is watching Big Papi.

Reaction Score
He's 6' 4", 225 lbs and he has zero home runs and 12 RBI as a starting outfielder for the Sox playing half his games in a hitter's park. In fact in 7 years (the equivalent of three full years in plate appearances) he has a total of 14 dingers. He also rarely walks. I would think that a good hitting coach could turn him into a solid player. I hope he is watching Big Papi.
I'm sure past hitting coaches have tried but it just isn't in his swing. Even so, you would think that his size/strength he'd launch one occasionly.

Reaction Score
If you look at his career stats, he's never been a person to hit HRs and never to walk much. Sox are getting more out of him this year than expected with an avg over .300. I'm not going to complain.

Reaction Score
If you look at his career stats, he's never been a person to hit HRs and never to walk much. Sox are getting more out of him this year than expected with an avg over .300. I'm not going to complain.
Sweeney does't transfer his weight enough and doesn't hit through the ball.

Reaction Score
Sweeney does't transfer his weight enough and doesn't hit through the ball.
He also doesn't drive in runs. Guess who has the most RBI's per at bat on the Sox?

Reaction Score
Nava
You're good!

I have been a Nava supporter for several years. I first saw him play for Lancaster in 2008 in a game against the Lake Elsinore Storm. He has a great story in that he was cut from his college team but did not give up. He has hit well everywhere he has played. The Sox will have a problem if and when Ellsbury and Crawford return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom