Whats Up with Angel????? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whats Up with Angel?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I just wanted to point out that your silly logic was silly. That's all.

For the record, Whisenant has said he didn't expect Cain to be a factor at all this season. He also traded Kalana Greene for a second-round pick, which he used on Sydney Colson. He doesn't mind passing on marginal talents for someone with potential, even if they're not as good at the moment.
Not sure what you are even arguing about. She's a complete bust. But, hey, yay for the orange fans!

You can defend the pick all you want, but as I said, the NYL fans absolutely hated the pick, the analysts pretty much universally panned the pick, but you can sit there and defend it till the end of time. I'll continue to agree with all the NYL fans and the other analysts. You can agree with the Tennessee fans.

Reaction Score
I've only defended the pick in the sense that I've stated (a) WNBA drafts have very little depth and (b) it wouldn't have mattered who the Liberty chose ultimately. I most certainly would not have chosen Cain.

But like I said before, you can't say that someone was a bad pick and then support that opinion by pointing out the performance of players selected ahead of her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've only defended the pick in the sense that I've stated (a) WNBA drafts have very little depth and (b) it wouldn't have mattered who the Liberty chose ultimately. I most certainly would not have chosen Cain.

But like I said before, I also just wanted to point out how idiotic it is to say that someone was a bad pick and then support that opinion by pointing out the performance of players selected ahead of her.
You really thought that i was referring to the picks ahead of her? There were approx 25 people taken after Cain in the draft. Many of them, in hindsight, would have been a better choice. If you had simply asked instead of behaving like a troll, the conversation might have been different.

Maybe it would have helped had I originally said that the performance of rookies across the board makes her pick even more mystifying, but apparently I gave you too much credit.

JS

Reaction Score
I've taken the trouble to edit out some name-calling in the latter stages of this thread. Won't go to that trouble again. The delete and lock alternatives are easier.

Kindly keep it civil if you want your posts to stay up and the thread to continue.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Cain has size that doesntly come along very often. She obviously has some physical issues to get past. She may develop, she may not. Only time will tell but it's too early to know if the long range plan pans out. I hope for Cain that it does. I never like to see injuries plague a player.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'll chime in that I don't think it was a good choice, but, I get that you can't teach height / size. Vaughn and Braxton have a history of some inconsistency, so I get that he took the risk. Don't have to like it.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
It only makes sense if you are a Tennessee fan. She went ahead of players like Hayes, Williams, Novasel, Barrett, Kizer, Henry and Sykes. of the 25 rookies in the league, she is 22nd in terms of production. You can't seriously tell me that it was a good call for the Liberty to take her at #7 in the first round, can you? I'm not sure the Liberty have made a good decision over the past 3 years so maybe it's not a surprise at all...

Not true. TN fans were also stunned by such a high pick for Cain. Most thought it was a horrible pick due to Cain's injury history. After seeing how out of shape Braxton is, maybe they were looking for shared minutes between the two players, but as of right now, there are several rookies that would have been better picks.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Not sure what you are even arguing about. She's a complete bust. But, hey, yay for the orange fans!

You can defend the pick all you want, but as I said, the NYL fans absolutely hated the pick, the analysts pretty much universally panned the pick, but you can sit there and defend it till the end of time. I'll continue to agree with all the NYL fans and the other analysts. You can agree with the Tennessee fans.

And no pick is a known bust until their career has ended and you can then look back at what they provided. At this point, it's way too early to tell. For reference, I looked at some other bigs in the league. Erica Desouza was a big that was burried on the bench at LA behind other bigs. As a rookie, she played in 11 games and averaged 3.7 minutes per game. As of today, she certainly has not been a bust in the league. It's just too early to tell.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And no pick is a known bust until their career has ended and you can then look back at what they provided. At this point, it's way too early to tell. For reference, I looked at some other bigs in the league. Erica Desouza was a big that was burried on the bench at LA behind other bigs. As a rookie, she played in 11 games and averaged 3.7 minutes per game. As of today, she certainly has not been a bust in the league. It's just too early to tell.
One thing i'll also add, and this is without doing any research, is that it depends on the genetics of the team. Vaughn is a starter for the Liberty but never seems to average double figures for them. but as a starter in the WNBA, well, good for her! my point is, of the top 25 or 30 scorers in the league, only Tina and Sylvia are up there in scoring as true centers (is Langhorne considered a 5? if so then she's in the top 30 also). The rest are guards, wings, and forwards. Maybe you count Parker as a "5" since Nneka is the 4 for LA... but I don't think it's fair to only judge a center based on their scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom