What's the plan for today? | The Boneyard

What's the plan for today?

Reaction Score
Anyone have any clue what the plan is?

Looks like Reynolds and Frazier are the top guys to shut down. I think putting Whaley on Reynolds is an easy call, but the guard matchups are really weird. The shortest guy on the starting lineup is 6'5" so that will likely make it tough for us to go with the three guard lineup unless they are terrible ball handlers.

Crazy stat, Frazier is shooting 59% on 174 attempts. I haven't seen a guard shoot with that efficiency for that stretch. It may make sense to throw Larrier on him to try and get some length against him but Larrier probably isn't our lockdown defender. Jalen is our tallest guard, but giving him that matchup on D will be a tough 40 mins. That means Vital may have the key matchup today.

If I were Tulane I would look to hedge hard on the high screens to try and neutralize the PnR, and give heavy help in the post. Given they have size all around they should be able to put reasonable help on the post against our poor scoring big men. I would have the wings crash hard to the post on help and force Uconn to shoot 3 balls.

Need a W today

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Reaction Score
Anyone have any clue what the plan is?

Looks like Reynolds and Frazier are the top guys to shut down. I think putting Whaley on Reynolds is an easy call, but the guard matchups are really weird. The shortest guy on the starting lineup is 6'5" so that will likely make it tough for us to go with the three guard lineup unless they are terrible ball handlers.

Crazy stat, Frazier is shooting 59% on 174 attempts. I haven't seen a guard shoot with that efficiency for that stretch. It may make sense to throw Larrier on him to try and get some length against him but Larrier probably isn't our lockdown defender. Jalen is our tallest guard, but giving him that matchup on D will be a tough 40 mins. That means Vital may have the key matchup today.

If I were Tulane I would look to hedge hard on the high screens to try and neutralize the PnR, and give heavy help in the post. Given they have size all around they should be able to put reasonable help on the post against our poor scoring big men. I would have the wings crash hard to the post on help and force Uconn to shoot 3 balls.

Need a W today
adams scores early and often. carleton goes 3 minutes without a foul.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have a good feeling about this game. Watched them play Memphis. I was not impressed. Now watch them come out and play the best game in school history.

Reaction Score
Tulane is one of the most average teams I've seen. If we're better than average, we should win.

Reaction Score
adams scores early and often. carleton goes 3 minutes without a foul.

The over/under on Carlton's first foul is one minute. Three minutes without a foul is eternity.

C

Chief00

Chief is from the school that you scout the other team - who are their best players and how do they score, learn what defense and offense they play.
BUT, at the end of the day it’s about YOU - how good you are, how hard you work, how tough you are, how you can exploit the bad guys!

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The plan is to drink copious amounts of beer and either celebrate what surely must be the long anticipated beginning of our resurgence or channel every bit of repressed anger I've stored up since birth cursing Kevin Ollie's very existence. There's no middle ground.

Reaction Score
Gonna be tough with all their starters 6-6” above , we have to stop them from driving and rebounding will be crucial... so I wouldn’t go with a 3 guard lineup in this game, Polley should see the court more today

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Chief is from the school that you scout the other team

Did you let Calhoun in on this inside scoop way back in the day? No wonder he ended up in the Hall of Fame

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Just win!!!! Let’s go skiesssss!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member