What's the deal with Melvin Swift? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's the deal with Melvin Swift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't a major issue with Sticks was that he repeatedly left school to go back home to see his kid(s) and not inform the staff? If I am wrong about this sorry, but I think 3's point is if we are not recruiting him that hard because of his talent and there is a potential issue off the court, then save the ship for a more talented player with less potential issues.

I do not think he ever said we shouldn't recruit him because he has a couple kids.

Reaction Score
I will try to do an interview with him sometime soon.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
KEA, Stanley and even Ray I believe............so why not?

Sign of the times, for better or worse.

When I was in hs during the 60s, a kid a year ahead of me at my school was possibly the best athlete in the state, one kid was a slightly better basketball player but nobody equaled him in fb and he was an outstanding pitcher, fielder, hitter (think Scott Burrell), first team all-state in the 3 major sports. Great guy. Whether race was part of what happened or it was just the times, I don't know, but he is African American, his girlfriend at the time was not. He got her pregnant. He had a full ride to one of the major state universities out west to play fb. I don't know how his fatherhood became known, but his scholarship was dropped. He contacted UConn and they wanted nothing to do with him. He wound up going to a small college out west, and eventually played both minor league baseball and fb. Nowadays, he could have gone to just about any college with his child in tow.

Reaction Score
What if we felt that way with Kalid?
Good thing, KEA didn't turn around and do a Mike Tyson impression. "I will eat your children..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom