What's the Ceiling for 2019? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's the Ceiling for 2019?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You might wanna re-read the OP. The question was for 2019. Next year. However, your prediction for this year is HYSTERICAL. Like we need "no sarcasm" after predicting no more wins this year? Go out on a limb, bro! We got you!
giphy.gif

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Wow. Hope you gave that one a lot of thought. Now run along. (LoL?....really?)

Reaction Score
Many of us saw signs with Crocker last year - not showing he could coach/make adjustments to a unit he inherited. And then this year, not being able to mold a young inexperienced defense into a base that can be built for the future. He should have been gone after last year and definitely should be gone at the end of this year.

If nothing changes, my prediction for next year, is more of the same and maybe we get 2 wins.

My hope is that Crocker is replaced and that we somehow get lucky with a defensive coordinator who can come in with this young team and at least do what we hoped Crocker would do and make them better. I still think they will be bad but maybe we pull out a few more wins against the ECU's and UMass's on the schedule if the defense can get an occasional big stop or two. And then maybe we are in a better position for 2020. Also, maybe we can bring in a few JuCo or grad transfers who can help provide some experience and make the team a bit more competitive in next year or two.

Reaction Score
Many of us saw signs with Crocker last year - not showing he could coach/make adjustments to a unit he inherited. And then this year, not being able to mold a young inexperienced defense into a base that can be built for the future. He should have been gone after last year and definitely should be gone at the end of this year.

If nothing changes, my prediction for next year, is more of the same and maybe we get 2 wins.

My hope is that Crocker is replaced and that we somehow get lucky with a defensive coordinator who can come in with this young team and at least do what we hoped Crocker would do and make them better. I still think they will be bad but maybe we pull out a few more wins against the ECU's and UMass's on the schedule if the defense can get an occasional big stop or two. And then maybe we are in a better position for 2020. Also, maybe we can bring in a few JuCo or grad transfers who can help provide some experience and make the team a bit more competitive in next year or two.
What DC is going to come here next year and correct the ship? Especially since we are going to be 2.5 years of recruiting into a 3-3-5 system. If we switch to any other defensive system we wont6have enough depth upfront or at LB causing the defense to play just as bad.

Reaction Score
Just wondering why this is the ad I get for this thread. Coincidence?

69E18441-DD55-41B9-AB50-58228461998F.jpeg

Now for my prediction. D will be another year older, stronger and faster. We are able to look competitive for 1q now. Maybe we get 2 q’s of good defense next year which means 20 point losses rather than 30-40 point losses.

O should improve overall but so much is QB 1) brains 2) arm. Maybe Krajewski can be competitive but we need to see him on the field this year to make that guess.

I think tops 2 FBS wins.

Reaction Score
What DC is going to come here next year and correct the ship? Especially since we are going to be 2.5 years of recruiting into a 3-3-5 system. If we switch to any other defensive system we wont6have enough depth upfront or at LB causing the defense to play just as bad.
Great question. I have no idea who might be out there. That is why my post said "somehow get lucky" with a DC.

Reaction Score
Just to be a contrarian, I am not sure it matters too much who the QB is next year. The OL should be pretty damn good, and the running backs also a strength. They will find someone who should do well under those conditions.

Another year for the D will also be good. They have started to show flashes of capability as the season has ground on. The challenge will be to make that more the norm rather than the exception. Would not be surprised if they were OK next year. Not outstanding, but OK.

I won't predict six wins, but four should be certainly doable.

I do not think it makes sense to keep changing HC's and coordinators.

Reaction Score
2006 we went 4-8 and got demolished by Louisville in the last game of the season. Louisville seemed like an NFL team compared to us. In 2007 we went 9-3 and beat Louisville.

I’m not saying that we close to 4-8 or that we can go 9-3 but you are never as good as you think you are and you are never as bad as you think you are. Things can change.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure there is a ceiling.........and won't be until we stop bringing in players that don't even have an offer from FCS, Div. II, or Div.III.
I don't even recognize some of the schools from which the players have had other interest. "Coaching up" for 2-3 years so we can compete with other AAC schools that have higher levels of talent from day 1 isn't going to amount to much success.........at least it hasn't shown much with that philosophy for a number of years.
After almost 50+ years of UCFB fandom, I think the only positive I've got left is to pray for something good to happen.........I want the program to succeed, but fear for the future of the program. The tunnel is long and dark, but as long as I can breathe, I hope that even a faint light will appear soon.........in either players' skills and/or coaching skills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom