What's the career Uconn women's record for double doubles? | The Boneyard

What's the career Uconn women's record for double doubles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have Stewart at 28 and would like to know how she compares with other greats in the progam's history.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't know about the record but Moore had 50 of them and Charles 52.
Lobo averaged a double-double for her career (16.9 and 10.1), so I suppose she had quite a few.

Reaction Score
Your question is about the women's team but my answer is about the men. Art Quimby averaged a double double for two seasons in the 50's. Toby Kimball did the same in the 60's. Bill Corley also averaged some DD's in the mid to late 60's.

Reaction Score
Art Quimby averaged a double double each year for three years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Quimby

So did Toby Kimball: http://huskieshoops.com/huskies/men/players/kimballt.php

Bill Corley established the UConn basketball single-game scoring record on January 10, 1968 when he scored 51 points vs. New Hampshire. In three varsity seasons, he averaged a "double- double" with 16.9 points per game and 13.7 rebounds per game.

This is not what you are looking for, but interesting none-the-less. Us old guys remember some stuff. http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020101aaa.html

Reaction Score
I'll admit: I can't stand the "double double" as an indicator of anything. A triple-double shows versatility by contributions that don't usually come from the same spot: rebounds and assists, points and assists. A double-double, on the other hand means--ten rebounds. Yes, once is a while someone gets ten rebounds and doesn't reach double figure in points, but not very often. And even rarer, the second part of the "double" is something like blocked shots. But you could just substitute saying the Player X got ten rebounds for saying s/he got a double-double and be saying the same thing an overwhelming number of times. So it's pretty meaningless.

Reaction Score
Courtney Paris of Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most consecutive double doubles at 112 games, a streak which ended on February 2, 2009 against Pat Summitt and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers; however, Oklahoma won the game, denying Summitt her 1000th career victory.

Reaction Score
Courtney Paris of Oklahoma holds the NCAA record for most consecutive double doubles at 112 games, a streak which ended on February 2, 2009 against Pat Summitt and the Tennessee Lady Volunteers; however, Oklahoma won the game, denying Summitt her 1000th career victory.
Wow that's amazing!

Reaction Score
Your question is about the women's team but my answer is about the men. Art Quimby averaged a double double for two seasons in the 50's. Toby Kimball did the same in the 60's. Bill Corley also averaged some DD's in the mid to late 60's.

OMG Bill Corley of whom I had not heard since seeing him play in the Nassau County HS championship game in 1964. Heck of a ballplayer; Had no idea he went to UConn and was a major star.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
BTW: Our answers to any and all questions regarding UConn records will be found in the media guide.
Couldn't find nothing on double double's in there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll admit: I can't stand the "double double" as an indicator of anything. A triple-double shows versatility by contributions that don't usually come from the same spot: rebounds and assists, points and assists. A double-double, on the other hand means--ten rebounds. Yes, once is a while someone gets ten rebounds and doesn't reach double figure in points, but not very often. And even rarer, the second part of the "double" is something like blocked shots. But you could just substitute saying the Player X got ten rebounds for saying s/he got a double-double and be saying the same thing an overwhelming number of times. So it's pretty meaningless.
Disagree completely. A double double is a very good indication of a good game. Especially for a UCONN WBB player.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Double Double is a pretty significant accomplishment for any college player and is one of the statistics that the NCAA tracks. At UCONN a double double is a greater accomplishment because versatility ( ability to do everything) is required and is a team activity as in everyone rebounds.
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-women/d1/current/individual/554.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom