Reaction Score
Just saw the tweet and the link:

upload_2014-10-14_12-20-1.png

Not a lot of information yet.....

LINK

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
As long as it isn't Anne Donovan, Tina will probably be good with whoever coaches her....she's home, which was most important to her...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
As long as it isn't Anne Donovan, Tina will probably be good with whoever coaches her....she's home, which was most important to her...

That was my first thought as well..she is home

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
He wasn't successful. That said, I "thought" he might have them moving in the right direction. I did (from afar) disagree with some of his personnel decisions, but assumed they were related to getting the team to play the style he wanted.

I am neutral on this one, only because the grass is not always greener . . .

Reaction Score
She wasn't a "star", but I thought the injury to Essence Carson really hurt Bill's chances to implement the style of play he wanted with the Lib.

Reaction Score

Perhaps the Liberty will ask for her opinion as to who the new coach should be.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Bill will probably end up in Los Angeles and Tina will be pondering why she didn't ask to go to the Sparks...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I couldn't stand him when he was a player. Can't stand him as a coach. Good riddance.

Really good player, really good coach, and a world-class ... bye Bill. :p

Reaction Score
Seems like he was stuck with relying on Cappie...

I could see it in his eyes.

Reaction Score
Never liked the guy or his style of coaching. He did make for some great rivalry emotions though...got the blood boiling so to speak.
Maybe the Liberty would take Ann Donovan off our hands or at least give the Sun management some incentive to make their own changes.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Voepel weighs in

More back story than revelation, but still of interest

"When he was hired just two years ago as the New York Liberty's coach/general manager, Bill Laimbeer said his aim was "Creating a culture that says, 'What we care about is winning championships. That's what matters.'""

Two years and no championship. You are done, Bill

"Hey, the Lib fans don't need to hear right away what the game plan is going forward. They should still just be basking in joy about the end of the Liberty's three-year exile to Newark. They got back into refurbished Madison Square Garden this season, so surely they'll be docile and patient waiting however long or short it takes for the Liberty to figure out who takes the reins for 2015 and beyond.

Because if there's one thing New Yorkers are known for, it's patience."

As a New Yorker, I must weigh in on this one:

NOT

"Whatever direction the Liberty go now in regard to a new coach and GM, this much does seem sure: It's not going to be easy to get a lot closer to that "championship mentality" very soon."

So don't hold out hope for a quick answer on this one.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Her comment about Cappie is spot on - she is aging but should have a few good years. Unfortunately, she apparently battled some health issues (one of the commentators on the TV game I saw said it was some kind of tendon and had eroded her lift and explosiveness, although I never saw this confirmed) and the Lib fans in the RU fanbase were hoping she would take the overseas season off. Unfortunately it was noted on our board a few days ago that she is headed to Australia.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Her comment about Cappie is spot on - she is aging but should have a few good years. Unfortunately, she apparently battled some health issues (one of the commentators on the TV game I saw said it was some kind of tendon and had eroded her lift and explosiveness, although I never saw this confirmed) and the Lib fans in the RU fanbase were hoping she would take the overseas season off. Unfortunately it was noted on our board a few days ago that she is headed to Australia.

It's a $$ opportunity coupled with her age that she sees in her rear view mirror. One has to wonder how much a decision to get some cash in the bank will contribute towards shortening a playing career that already does not have a large life span. :(

Reaction Score
It's a opportunity coupled with her age that she sees in her rear view mirror. One has to wonder how much a decision to get some cash in the bank will contribute towards shortening a playing career that already does not have a large life span. :(
Logically/financially, players who can earn more overseas should take their WNBA seasons off to heal, rather than vice-versa.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Logically/financially, players who can earn more overseas should take their WNBA seasons off to heal, rather than vice-versa.

Yes, well....playing at home in front of family and friends does weigh in as well I would imagine. Still, I cannot imagine donning her shoes and weighing all of these elements.

Good luck to her. I hope she does well.

Reaction Score
If he would've kept Simmons on the team he would've had all the scoring he needed and they would've made the playoffs for sure.

Anna Cruz played solid point guard and Simmons would've been a great scoring guard.

She seemed to struggle when I watched her at the Sun game. He must not have liked her. I think with time she would've caught on.

Reaction Score
Voepel weighs in

More back story than revelation, but still of interest

"When he was hired just two years ago as the New York Liberty's coach/general manager, Bill Laimbeer said his aim was "Creating a culture that says, 'What we care about is winning championships. That's what matters.'""

Two years and no championship. You are done, Bill

"Hey, the Lib fans don't need to hear right away what the game plan is going forward. They should still just be basking in joy about the end of the Liberty's three-year exile to Newark. They got back into refurbished Madison Square Garden this season, so surely they'll be docile and patient waiting however long or short it takes for the Liberty to figure out who takes the reins for 2015 and beyond.

Because if there's one thing New Yorkers are known for, it's patience."

As a New Yorker, I must weigh in on this one:

NOT

"Whatever direction the Liberty go now in regard to a new coach and GM, this much does seem sure: It's not going to be easy to get a lot closer to that "championship mentality" very soon."

So don't hold out hope for a quick answer on this one.

NY fans must be the most patient in the league...to put up with the Knicks and Mets and still come to the games...

Reaction Score
Bill will probably end up in Los Angeles and Tina will be pondering why she didn't ask to go to the Sparks...
The more I think about it the better that idea sounds. The Sparks could be good as any team in the league with Hamson joining the team next year. Bill would make them an awesome defensive team!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
NY fans must be the most patient in the league...to put up with the Knicks and Mets and still come to the games...

That's pretty much the same for any league anywhere. Diehard fans come by their label honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom