What's missing? | The Boneyard

What's missing?

Reaction Score
One guy holding the ball dribbling at the top of the key for 20 seconds. And frankly Scarlett, I don't miss it at all.

The ball really moves. When we do dribble, there is a purpose to it. Getting out of trouble or getting into the paint. Our half court offense is magnitudes of order higher than in the past. It will be interesting to see how we match up to a team with elite athleticism. But one thing will remain true. No one is faster than the ball.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Quinerly is close to as fast as the ball :) . At least prior to his ACL .

Reaction Score
The way this team moves without the ball and passes is really, really good. One can only wonder how good we’d be offensively if Andre ever learns how to score.

caw

Reaction Score
Over penetration.

I liked all the small guards UConn has had over the years but Newton is just a different kind of fun to watch. He’s the only one who really goes against the bugs but he’s big enough himself not to make it look bad.

Diarra is probably the closest to over dribbling but it’s rare.

It’s just a fun team so far.

And for all the complaints about Jackson he makes the ball move on offense. And his energy is infectious. I also maintain him paired with Joey is a good thing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
One guy holding the ball dribbling at the top of the key for 20 seconds. And frankly Scarlett, I don't miss it at all.
TBF, that was Ollie ball. Took a while to eradicate.

Reaction Score
TBF, that was Ollie ball. Took a while to eradicate.

Ollie ball also took 2 years to win a NC so I'd like to get there too. Looks like we are heading in the right direction but beating a Bama now and winning tourney games is also a must.

This is one of the best 20 plus assist teams we have actually ever seen they love sharing the ball. Today will be even more important to do so need to keep this Bama defense movi0ng then find open looks eventually. I think early on Hawkins will need to do some ball faking and go to the hole so he gets some looks. I believe despite how good Newton shot the ball yesterday they will be more nervous about Hawkins and Calcaterra on the perimeter from the get go. Alleyne making a couple would change things as well. But no doubt the more you make Bama move and switch the more we will get open looks. Gonna be fun, gotta hit the boards on both ends as well, hard!

Reaction Score
That was Shabazz ball

No team has ever won without other good players and solid coaching. Bazz Ball, Boat ball, Deandre ball, Giffey ball, Kromah ball etc etc.. ;)

Reaction Score
Newton is probably a Hurley PG prototype. Good size (i.e. above 6'0"), can run the offense, penetrates, good shooter from outside. He's made a big difference so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom