What's happened to this board? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Two games into the season and this board has been a nightmare. People trashing players, trashing Hurley, saying they know how to run offense better than Hurley, urging a player to quit the team etc.

Things that are said here never really surprise me but this seems so much worse than normal and I don't understand it. We now have people in the Vandy Legends Classic thread jumping to ridiculous conclusions and some flat out lying.
Seems pretty normal to me. This board, all boards are nuts. Crazier than normal is subjective... but maybe it is.

As far as the team is concerned, I'm pretty content. We've been significantly outmuscled down low for years. Our bigs had decayed so bad we looked like a classic small school. The types of teams we would out run and out muscle with ease early in the year during the JC Era.

This year our returning center was benched pretty significantly on day one. Not sure I've ever seen that. I feel bad for Josh, but it shows the caliber of player we are starting to get.

Reaction Score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much arm chair quarterbacking over the past week. I've refrained from posting for the most part, really hate it when this side of people comes out.

All boards are generally crazy, and it is sad that people turn on the program and each other despite the fact that we are 2-0!

I'm gonna refrain from offering my self proclaimed expert advice unlike many and just do my best to enjoy the ride, I suggest maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany posters do the same.

Reaction Score
This is the board I always remember. Crazy overreactions. Crackpot theories. Always been this way amongst the fans, who complain about wins. That' the fanbase here. It's probably the best thing the team and program has going for it. Kentucky level criticism of the team.

Reaction Score
Just remember at this juncture in the season in 2016 UConn was 0-2 with losses to Wagner (58-67), not even a close game, and Northeastern (61-64), down double digits to them as well.... with no end in sight to the boring schedule in the AAC and the only team that had (and still has ever) made it past the Sweet 16 in the AAC and, guaranteed, the only AAC team that will ever make the Final Four in anyone's, from this board, life time.

Things could be a lot worse folks, just be grateful for the fresh beginning in the Big East with other teams that have made deep runs (Nova's two 'ships) and 2-0 start with a hot, still fairly young, coach.

People (always seem to) forget that things could be so much worse. Enjoy the ride. UConn doesn't stink anymore and isn't playing a boring conference schedule.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, the Boneyard may be one of the few places left where you can say what you want as long as you're not berating someone or being personally offensive. You're right that you can say whatever you want but in today's world those (other than the Boneyard) in control are censoring what gets posted.

If you don't believe it read 1984 and Animal Farm, or if it's been a long time, read them again, and you'll find "Big Brother" turns out to be big media, Twitter, Facebook, and other "platforms" that have begun to "cancel" or shut down users based solely on some "techies'" whims, company policies or personally held beliefs. No first amendment rights. In Animal Farm, slight changes made to posted principles markedly change their meanings and intent and that's happening to what some people are actually saying today as well.

What I miss is directly hearing or reading the actual words of the person being quoted so I can decide what they meant. You know, like Chief's Briefs! ;)

Nothing’s as terrifying about what’s going on in this country as the one media, one voice, one message...the (almost now) complete control over what people are told and therefore believe.

Who was it (Karl Marx?) who said (loosely paraphrasing) “he who controls the media controls the people”?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This board has been trash for several years now, the only fun to be had here is in the OT threads.

Reaction Score
I've been off the board a while now, and have only been here a year, but from what I know, it doesn't surprise me. Crappy if you ask me.

I will bring my usual rant here. Why is Bill Walton on!!!!!! My lord, this guy. Isn't he at risk for covid? To his benefit (yes I can be nice about him), he is doing decent commentary today. Must be the mushroom microdosing aftereffects from Oregin we're hearing.

Let's go Huskies!!!!
I find it unbearable to watch a game Bill Walton is announcing.

Reaction Score
I would be more worried if we didnt have hot takes.

Reaction Score
We should be lucky to have a board as active as ours. Truly happy to be here with all you scum bags
I like the high traffic of this board as well. I don't like putting other posters down. Everyone on here is a die hard fan. You have to be if you're a member here. Ever since I joined in 2009, The - Boneyard has become such a part of my daily routine, especially during basketball season, I honestly can't imagine not having it to go to after a game or whenever big news breaks.

Reaction Score
I find it unbearable to watch a game Bill Walton is announcing.
Looks like our boy was broadcasting in a head shop in san fran. He musta eaten a cap or smooked a doob before startup. He really looked like a clown. He really does own the style though.

Reaction Score
Nothing’s as terrifying about what’s going on in this country as the one media, one voice, one message...the (almost now) complete control over what people are told and therefore believe.

Who was it (Karl Marx?) who said (loosely paraphrasing) “he who controls the media controls the people”?
Have you watched The Social Dilemma?

Reaction Score
I still come back here because I value a few people's opinions, but with the recent Covid/early season takes its becoming harder and harder

Reaction Score
Actually, the Boneyard may be one of the few places left where you can say what you want as long as you're not berating someone or being personally offensive. You're right that you can say whatever you want but in today's world those (other than the Boneyard) in control are censoring what gets posted.

If you don't believe it read 1984 and Animal Farm, or if it's been a long time, read them again, and you'll find "Big Brother" turns out to be big media, Twitter, Facebook, and other "platforms" that have begun to "cancel" or shut down users based solely on some "techies'" whims, company policies or personally held beliefs. No first amendment rights. In Animal Farm, slight changes made to posted principles markedly change their meanings and intent and that's happening to what some people are actually saying today as well.

What I miss is directly hearing or reading the actual words of the person being quoted so I can decide what they meant. You know, like Chief's Briefs! ;)

You might want to study up on what the first amendment actually means and what censorship is. No irony of course that this is posted in a thread about bad takes and general insanity.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

Lmao yea, the boneyard, last bastion of free speech

Reaction Score

Ugh, last response times 2. Again, typical Boneyard where the takes get worse and worse despite it being pointed out how bad they were already.

Reaction Score
Lmao yea, the boneyard, last bastion of free speech
Somehow missed this take you replied too. But basically a perfect these last few posts being quoted are a big reason why the BY has become insufferable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom