What's everyone doing in NYC Tues? | The Boneyard

What's everyone doing in NYC Tues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Got most of the day free before dinner/drinks/double header. What would you suggest doing?

Reaction Score
A good Q. Over the years, I've never met any BY folks at a pre-game MSG festivity (ie, dive bar / any bar). Did meet a few UC fans who had no idea what the BY was, however. Did spend some time bar-hopping hoping to meet some of you to no evail. Did meet Deepster and his contingent some 10 years ago, however.

It would seem, with the vast number of BYers heading to MSG, and its superb organization skills (eg, summer golf, or is that a stretch?), that the BY could arrive at a decision to 'invade' a bar (or formally reserve a section of one for private party) for these MSG events. For an event of such significance (MSG), why can we not group together in 1 spot already????? It sounds like we have numbers.

Just saying, or wtf is the problem?

RRV17A

NYC
Reaction Score
I'm heading to the game with a group of 6, we will definitely be pre-gaming somewhere around the garden. Thinking Jack Doyles on 35th.

As for the day, I'd recommend spending some time in Central Park since the weather has been so mild.

Reaction Score
I recommend the Tir Na Nog. 8th and West 33rd. This is most likely where we are going to pre game.

Reaction Score
Got most of the day free before dinner/drinks/double header. What would you suggest doing?
Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Tuesday is 35 years since JL was murdered. There will e people at Strawberry Fields, all day.

Reaction Score
Tir Na Nog appears to have closed. Too bad because their food was awesome.

Reaction Score
Tir Na Nog appears to have closed. Too bad because their food was awesome.
The penn station spot is closed for renovations but the Times Square location is still open

Reaction Score
I saw that after some digging. McGettigan's sounds good too though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like I'm going to make this happen. Still not sure what NH train I'll be on, how I'm getting a ticket or where I'm staying, as I have to be in NYC the next day for work anyway so I'm staying over somewhere local. Hoping to be checked in and ready to go by 6.

May need to stop by Strawberry Fields first though, just because.

Reaction Score
How is McGettigan's? Will there be room in there with this alumni gathering?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

My god that looks horrible. Give me a neighborhood bar or dive bar over a hipster bar any day. Suits and ties do not belong in bars - or I don't belong in bars they are in.

Reaction Score
My god that looks horrible. Give me a neighborhood bar or dive bar over a hipster bar any day. Suits and ties do not belong in bars - or I don't belong in bars they are in.
I don't disagree, but I want to be with UCONN fans. Tons of UCONN fans.

Reaction Score
jleves said:

Just out of curiosity who told you what the word "hipster" means because they may have been duck_____ with you. There's nothing remotely hipster about that scene.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Good, don't go then.

Judging a bar by a promotional youtube video? You must be the guy that thinks kids never miss in their highlight videos.

Calling a bar too hipster for your own liking sounds very, dare I say... hipster.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
A day in the city.

How are your energy levels? Walk just about any direction and you will have fun.
Walk along 5th Ave, visit Trump Tower, Empire State Building, or the zoo or the Met,
the library, the bar behind the library, NBC Studios etc.
Freedom Tower? You could easily spend a day at Museum of Natural History.
Take a sight seeing bus. As touristy as it seems, it turns out to be worth every penny,
especially if you are not particularly mobile or don't want to wear yourself out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That's one heck of a hasty "judgement" there. The video was of their grand opening. They are in midtown Manhattan. What the hell do you expect? "Suits and ties do not belong in bars"--How old are you, 12?

It is the site of the UConn Alumni Association gathering, which means it needs to be large enough to accommodate a lot of people near the Garden. And it needs to serve alcohol. Looks like they've done exactly what they needed to do.

I'm all for neighborhood bars and dive bars. But, so you know, those are the hipster places--not this joint.

You may now remove your fedora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky