what's at stake Uconn vs Notre Dame! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

what's at stake Uconn vs Notre Dame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What's at stake tonight? Witches, of course. This *is* a Catholic School, after all...

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The only thing at stake is bragging rights for the period until the NCAAs... And the #1 until #1 loses. Other that that the only thing at stake is possible injuries which let's hope does not happen to either team.

Reaction Score
The only thing at stake tonight is the #1 ranking. I suppose "the streak" is at stake, but frankly I think ND cares more about ending it than UConn does about actually continuing it.

We all kind of expected this team to lose a game or two at some point this season, and we might. Losing a game doesn't mean we won't still have a good shot to win in March. Most importantly, I just want to see UConn bring its A game in a high pressure, big game. If they play well and lose, so be it.

Reaction Score
Really, the only things up for grabs is bragging rights. If ND walks away the victors tonight, we won't hear the end of it from the fans until whatever happens in March. If the streak ends, it ends. If UConn's track record has proven anything, there's more than enough time and more than enough talent coming through Storrs to get another one going! Come March - the month in which Connecticut basketball fires on all cylinders - I don't think it really matters who wins this game. With that being said, I would love to see them walk away with a well fought, hard earned win!

Bottom line, no matter what happens tonight... this is a team that I'm excited to watch and a team I feel proud to be a fan of. They've already done some incredible stuff and we still have so much of the season left to go. I'm looking forward to seeing how much they grow!

Reaction Score
A majority of the P5 have never scheduled Uconn - but you think Vic at Miss State wouldn't consider a H and H to get him prepared for conference battles against SC? Or Rueck at Oregon State, or .....
These coaches and programs all think first about their conference championships, and anything they can do to get a leg up in prep for those games they will do. And they aren't going to collude with their rivals, they will try to one-up them. If Dawn decided to cancel the series with Uconn, I suspect Vic would be on the phone in a flash, and strangely some item would get into the press about Miss State stepping in where SC feared to tread!:eek:

IMO replacing SCAR with Mississippi State is like replacing a Lexus with a Nissan Sentra.
I also would like to mention that I want Uconn to win. I am not asking Geno or the players to throw the game.
If we win (or lose for that matter), we will have to live with the consequences.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Uconn 34/11 all time vs ND where Uconn won the last 5 games, ND won 7/8 previous games and Uconn won the preceding 12 games. Also Uconn is 33/0 vs ACC teams since a loss to NC 76/82 on Jan 15 2007 . Go Uconn!
Nothing is at stake: Until they meet in the final 4!

Reaction Score
Uconn FB is 1 and 0 against Notre Dame FB. Sorry this is a WBB thread, my bad!

Reaction Score
We are not P5.
Most of the teams in our OOC schedule are from P5 conferences.
The general expectation was that we will lose a few games this year and a new champion will be crowned.
If we continue to win, will P5 teams schedule us?
Duke (and perhaps Stanford) have already dropped out.
Baylor was anticipating a victory.
A loss at ND will help maintain our strength of schedule.
P5 conferences were made for college football. They were going to leave the NCAA and make their own Association for FB. Football makes the money and the NCAA did not want to lose it. Power 5 is all about Division 1 CFB that is the bottom line.

Reaction Score
No one believes any of this. Notre Dame will continue to get quality women's basketball players because Notre Dame is a wonderful learning institution and Muffett is a great coach while others will continue to gravitate to UConn to be coached by the greatest coach (and assistant) in the history of women's basketball. It's possible that could change eventually once either or both coaches are gone but that's the State of the Union as of now. The programs only issue is where to hang all those banners that the Huskies continue to earn for their continued excellence.
Just want to point out that UCONN is *also* a wonderful learning institution. Geno has bristled more than once when commentators suggest that UCONN is not an institution with any academic credibility. It's got plenty. And much of what one takes from the educational opportunities of a given college or university is a direct result of what the athlete seeks/invests.

Reaction Score
This was my way of saying that the season e

I think one thing that is at stake is that during and after the Skylar Duggins years there was an arrogance that was coming out of South Bend and it's finally started to dissipate and I want it to continue to do so. I don't want the Irish to have a glimmer of confidence or cockiness when they're due to play the Huskies. In the Skylar Duggins era we LOST a number of games to Notre Dame rather than Notre Dame having WON a number of games over us. Between some uncharacteristically bad late game glitches on our part (sloppy play and missed free throws) along with some HORRIFIC officiating, we LOST most of those games. The term luck of the Irish couldn't have been more evident because if anything, all but one or two of those games were handed to them but yet you would have thought they owned us and dominated us and kicked our butts. It may have been the aura of Skylar Duggins because she captivated the media with her skills and her looks and her charisma and the officials seemed to allow her to do whatever she wanted on the court. If she missed, she must have been fouled. If there was contact, it was her opponent that had created it. I don't ever want to return to those days where I feel the Huskies were continually disrespected in those games.
And let's not forget all of those bizarre drives with definite flops! Part of your comment about officiating, I suspect. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom