what's at stake Uconn vs Notre Dame! | The Boneyard

what's at stake Uconn vs Notre Dame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wbat's at stake is that, win or lose, Doris Burke will be talking about "undefeated and # 1 UConn" or "undefeated and #1 Notre Dame" while doing games that have nothing to do with either team until I am tempted to shoot out the TV (like Elvis did to Robert Goulet).

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
What's at stake? My health! :eek:
Irish fans will be going on forever about how they stopped the streak if
the Huskies don't win.
I can live with it.
Unfortunately, I have to also live in South Bend.
Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
Obviously one team will come out with a loss on their record. Not a lot in the big picture as both teams are considered final four prospects. Great pre holiday game for woman's basketball and their TV ratings.

Reaction Score
And with lots of emphasis on ND's 7 of 8, completely neglecting the prior 12-0, and subsequent 5-0 UConn runs.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
What's at stake? My health! :eek:
Irish fans will be going on forever about how they stopped the streak if
the Huskies don't win.
I can live with it.
Unfortunately, I have to also live in South Bend.
Go Huskies!!!!
78: First, the game will be important in March when tournament seeding is accomplished. The number one seed will more likely see the 4th best and eighth best team in the country, while # 2 will get the 3rd and seventh. That could mean missing Maryland and South Carolina in favor of Mississippi State and Louisville.

Second, from my seat, ND has an eight-game winning streak, and this team of huskies has only won seven straight. I can't imagine Muffet permitting a frenzied, Stanford-style "broke the streak" celebration right after her declaration that they will have accomplished nothing.

Third, I too will be protecting my health by not watching the game live, but on a delay.

Fourth, Go Huskies!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yeah - they have lived on ending the 88 of UCLA for a long, long time - on that game day telecast Digger kept bring that 'ND is the streak killer stuff' and then had to watch ND get dismantled.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Obviously one team will come out with a loss on their record. Not a lot in the big picture as both teams are considered final four prospects. Great pre holiday game for woman's basketball and their TV ratings.

Nothing truly significant is at stake in this game aside from what I'll call "narrative."

If UConn wins, the lead story will then be about possibly breaking its record for longest win streak, with the Maryland game looming as the only apparent serious threat to that feat.

If Notre Dame wins, the lead story will soon become their very real chances of entering the postseason undefeated. Their toughest remaining regular-season games will then be Louisville and Florida State (at home) and DePaul, Syracuse, and Miami (on the road). I don't expect ND will lose any of those.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
78: First, the game will be important in March when tournament seeding is accomplished. The number one seed will more likely see the 4th best and eighth best team in the country, while # 2 will get the 3rd and seventh. That could mean missing Maryland and South Carolina in favor of Mississippi State and Louisville.

Second, from my seat, ND has an eight-game winning streak, and this team of huskies has only won seven straight. I can't imagine Muffet permitting a frenzied, Stanford-style "broke the streak" celebration right after her declaration that they will have accomplished nothing.

Third, I too will be protecting my health by not watching the game live, but on a delay.

Fourth, Go Huskies!

South Carolina and Maryland would be some SCARY 2-seeds. Especially this year where there isn't an overwhelmingly dominant team talent wise...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And with lots of emphasis on ND's 7 of 8, completely neglecting the prior 12-0, and subsequent 5-0 UConn runs.
never understood 7 of 8... which game did ND lose 2 3 4 5 6 or 7?

Reaction Score
Uconn can't lose,i haven't fully recovered from the Stanford loss yet.Should we get to May undefeated i should be in fine fettle and the vacuous stare completely gone.
If we get to May undefeated, I'll have been thrilled to know that this team ended up winning the national championship and having another unbeaten season!

Reaction Score
To answer technically, pride is at stake, and the ability to gauge where we are as a team, so that coaches can take the jalopy back in the shop and work on improvements.....

But really, nothing big is at stake. I was in attendance for the 90 game streak breaker..... and we took it in stride, and in fact may have been a bit relieved......

I am interested to see Muffet's game plan..... see if she tries to drive on our middle.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, the incredible winning streak is at stake. The longest ever was recorded in adecember 2010, regardless of the disappointing 2011 national semifinals result. I care about the streak, and if I'm ruining mojo by mentioning it, it'll be mentioned during the broadcast regardless . It's amazing what this program has accomplished at any rate.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
so they won 3 of 4 twice during that span

Actually ND won 3 straight (starting with the 2011 FF), then the Big East loss to UConn (2012), then won 4 straight, before UConn prevailed in the 2013 FF (Stewart's 1st).

What's amazing to me is the 2 programs faced off 12 times in 3 years (2011 - 2013) with all the regular season games, the conference tournament finals and the FF meetings. Uconn's record over those 12 was 5 - 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom