What Would You Do If You Were This Coach's AD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Would You Do If You Were This Coach's AD

Reaction Score
It is/was for me. I don't mean hers, I mean every ones. A person's handshake tells me a lot about the person (male or female). Maybe it's just me.

It’s not just you, nothing worse than shaking hands with someone who has a handshake like a jellyfish.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
If I were the AD, I would not ask the interim coach to do anything. I would direct her to issue a public apology, as a condition of continued employment.
But I'm just an old guy who believes in courtesy and sportsmanship...

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... A person's handshake tells me a lot about the person (male or female). Maybe it's just me.
Oh. Well, sure, buddy. That’s because you’re JavaMan. And there’s nothing wrong with that. And shame on the rest of us, who take our opposable thumbs for granted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
SLU fires women's basketball coach

2012 Shimmy Gray-Miller was fired as SLU’s women’s basketball coach on Saturday, after her team’s season ended with a 69-51 loss to Dayton in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 tournament.

Reaction Score
When she was appointed at "interim" many of us noted her poor history as a coach and add in Swoopes on the staff and you have "hot-head central" with coaches who do not handle losing well while creating their own controversy. Tech needs to clean house as soon as the last second ticks off in the Big12 Tournament loss they will incur.
Sheryl Swoopes was fired in 2016 as head coach of Loyola (chicago) womens basketball team. 10 players either transfered or wanted out of the program. The newspapers painted an unflattering picture of her as a person.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sheryl Swoopes was fired in 2016 as head coach of Loyola (chicago) womens basketball team. 10 players either transfered or wanted out of the program. The newspapers painted an unflattering picture of her as a person.
That was exactly my point, none of the TTU staff seem to be good people. Clean house and start again, legend be damned...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It’s not just you, nothing worse than shaking hands with someone who has a handshake like a jellyfish.

That is not her problem. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She doesnt seem to be that bad of a person..... interesting background if you'd care to read

Shimmy Gray Biography - Started Shooting Hoops at Age Six, Studied to Become a Police Officer, Returned to Basketball

Well, this paragraph was interesting.

After her graduation from Michigan in 1994, Gray took a job with the Ypsilanti, Michigan, police department. She worked there for a year and a half, then took a job with the University of Michigan police force for six months. During the two years that she worked as a police officer, Gray found that she did not like the person she was becoming because of her job. Driving dangerous neighborhoods alone at night in her squad car, she felt that she was becoming hardened and suspicious of people. She saw many officers becoming unsympathetic and hostile to those they saw as criminals, and she did not want to participate in that behavior.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She doesnt seem to be that bad of a person..... interesting background if you'd care to read

Shimmy Gray Biography - Started Shooting Hoops at Age Six, Studied to Become a Police Officer, Returned to Basketball
It has been my experience in sports, business and personal life that those who do not comport themselves in leadership positions, behave with the us against the world attitude and overly criticize their players, group members, colleagues and even family, usually are bad people in the sense they are not accountable themselves. So while I hear ya, me thinks my original premise is still valid given my knowledge of her prior role as HC and this interim gig. She knew this team was bad, helped create that this team was bad and simply can't behave like that at any level. I do appreciate your input, but I will stand on my principal on this...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom