What would you ask Randy Edsall in an #AMA? | The Boneyard

What would you ask Randy Edsall in an #AMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey all--

The Foundation is conducting an AMA-style interview with Coach Edsall next week for our alumni/donor newsletter, Inside UConn Nation, which will next go out in August. The idea is to get away from the standard sports interview format and crowdsource some questions from fans.

So I want to know: What would YOU ask Coach Edsall?

The usual disclaimers: Obviously, inappropriate questions will be filtered out, and we'll vet them by Coach and Athletics, etc.

Reply to this thread or DM me by Friday! Thanks!

Reaction Score
Who will be calling the plays on offense, defense, and ST?

Who extends the official offer to recruits? The coach responsible for recruiting, the position coach, a coordinator, or Coach Edsall?

What will he do differently this time around?

Reaction Score
What do you feel went wrong during your tenure at Maryland, and what have you learned from your time there and at Detroit that you can apply going forward?

To what extent do you grant your assistants autonomy to run their respective positional groups & assignments vs. micromanaging their actions, and is this a different management style versus your first coaching experience at UConn?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What are your expectations for the upcoming season? What are the metrics by which you will judge whether the season has met these expectations?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Hey all--

The Foundation is conducting an AMA-style interview with Coach Edsall next week for our alumni/donor newsletter, Inside UConn Nation, which will next go out in August. The idea is to get away from the standard sports interview format and crowdsource some questions from fans.

So I want to know: What would YOU ask Coach Edsall?

The usual disclaimers: Obviously, inappropriate questions will be filtered out, and we'll vet them by Coach and Athletics, etc.

Reply to this thread or DM me by Friday! Thanks!

Will the Civil Conflict continue as a rivalry? Please ask this. I will donate lots of money to whatever this foundation is as long as you ask this question

Reaction Score
I want you to ask if he will go run run drop pass kick...:) . In all seriousness, just would like to know how we can rebuild the fan base...

Reaction Score
If you had only one phrase to describe the ideal character of your teams what would it be?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Are you really going to put the same ridiculous level of effort into the gig this time around or are we looking at more of a PP retirement situation? I think we deserve to know that upfront.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Why did you really leave in the first place and where do you think the program would be today if you hadn't? How have you changed as a Coach and a person in the past 5 years?

Reaction Score
I would ask what his goals are here besides the field-level "just win and compete for division championships"

Why did you really leave in the first place and where do you think the program would be today if you hadn't? How have you changed as a Coach and a person in the past 5 years?
Like the latter question but don't see the need to lead in with the former

Reaction Score
Will the Civil Conflict continue as a rivalry? Please ask this. I will donate lots of money to whatever this foundation is as long as you ask this question

Define "lots of money". I'm sure the UConn Foundation would like to measure it up against other sizable donations they receive for comparison purposes.;)

Reaction Score

Absolutely no attack here Formerlurker but if you are anything of what your handle implies you must be the only fan of UCONN that does not know why Randy left. It was obvious when it happened and repeated with redundancy ever since.
A strong hint would be his taking of the high road at his introductory news conference when asked why he would return. ;)
The reply "because of the people who are in place here now".

As for how he has changed in the last five years...His choice for O & D coordinators sure says it all.....He has gone from vanilla, to Chunky Monkey / New York Super Fudge with nuts, chocolate syrup and whipped cream added!

Reaction Score
As for how he has changed in the last five years...His choice for OC & DC coordinators sure says it all.....He has gone from vanilla, to Chunky Monkey / New York Super Fudge with nuts, chocolate syrup and whipped cream added!

Edsall always had a good eye for coordinators. I think he's learned to delegate and will cut the guys loose but that is still to be seen. The fact that we got Lashlee here is more impressive than Randy reaching out, imo.

Reaction Score
When rebuilding this program, can we assume you have a vision of the defense and offense you want to run? The types of schemes you are planning on coaching. how will you evaluate progress, will you keep to your playbook, make adjustments, or simply win at all costs? Winning isn't everything it is the only thing but winning one game sacrificing a red-shirt, is likely counter-productuvein the years ahead. So what will you do to create a winning tradition at UConn when losing has become so contagious?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
What changes in the college game have either made the game better or worse from when you first came to UConn

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Absolutely no attack here Formerlurker but if you are anything of what your handle implies you must be the only fan of UConn that does not know why Randy left. It was obvious when it happened and repeated with redundancy ever since.
A strong hint would be his taking of the high road at his introductory news conference when asked why he would return. ;)
The reply "because of the people who are in place here now".

As for how he has changed in the last five years...His choice for O & D coordinators sure says it all.....He has gone from vanilla, to Chunky Monkey / New York Super Fudge with nuts, chocolate syrup and whipped cream added!

If I could ask him a question, that would be it. I know the answer, Woof;. But, it would make me welcome him back even more if he actually answered honestly.

And I didn't feel attacked, we're good my friend.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
with all the changes that have taken place on UConn's campus since he was last here, what in particular stands out? How does the superjohn of Storrs Center and all that comes with it become part of the recruiting pitch when you get kids on campus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom