• Thread starter fortebleedsblue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

This time of year ....

Is like music to my ears ...

Multiple QB's Saturday (McEntee, Nebrich and McCummings) .... may the best man win the job (as long as HCPP and Deleone don't keep using 3 QB's just because)..

"There is a variety of reasons why this season has not gone well for UConn, and now fans are wondering why Pasqualoni insists on sticking with Johnny McEntee as his starter. McEntee has shown little since being named to the job, but Pasqualoni could not keep going rotating three quarterbacks. He did say this week that freshman Michael Nebrich would not redshirt, so he could get more playing time down the stretch."

Reaction Score
During P's press conference on Tuesday he indicated that Nebrich had been performing well in practice.

I found it interesting that he said Nebrich also runs the McCummings plays in practice because in the brief amount of plays Nebrich has run this year we have not seen him leave the pocket by design on even one play, coaches just being overly protective I guess.

I don't think Nebrich can redshirt at this point even if they wanted to redshirt him, so I wouldn't read to much into that comment. P was just responding to a reporter who asked if they plan to redshirt Nebrich.

Reaction Score
This time of year ....

Is like music to my ears ...

Multiple QB's Saturday (McEntee, Nebrich and McCummings) .... may the best man win the job (as long as HCPP and Deleone don't keep using 3 QB's just because)..

"There is a variety of reasons why this season has not gone well for UConn, and now fans are wondering why Pasqualoni insists on sticking with Johnny McEntee as his starter. McEntee has shown little since being named to the job, but Pasqualoni could not keep going rotating three quarterbacks. He did say this week that freshman Michael Nebrich would not redshirt, so he could get more playing time down the stretch."

This is clown level coaching. "...now fans are wondering..", fans have been wondering since Vanerbilt. Could not be anymore obvious that TRYING Nebrich in more than 2 handoffs and a 30 yard go route series is needed. My view of coaching is that if what I can see makes no sense (JMc starting/no Nebrich, defensive alignments on passing and in general looking confused, special teams on kickoffs no effective blocking or seam running, 170 lb RB with most carries in Div1A) , then what I can't see isn't likely to make sense.

Reaction Score
Where is this quote from? Nebrich's redshirt is already burned, so the fact that P says they are redshirting him does not mean that he will see some time on Saturday.

For the record, I really don't want to return to the 3 headed QB rotation. Pick a guy and stick with him. If you want to increase McCummings' role and put him in for certain packages, I'm all for it.

My opinion, which is worthless, is to play Nebrich and have an increased role for McCummings.

F

fortebleedsblue

Where is this quote from? Nebrich's redshirt is already burned, so the fact that P says they are redshirting him does not mean that he will see some time on Saturday.

For the record, I really don't want to return to the 3 headed QB rotation. Pick a guy and stick with him. If you want to increase McCummings' role and put him in for certain packages, I'm all for it.

My opinion, which is worthless, is to play Nebrich and have an increased role for McCummings.

ESPN Big East blog

Reaction Score
I think that the mishandling of the quarterback situation was unfortunately, a foretaste of many mishandled things this year. Nebrich should have been named the starter or he should have redshirted. wasting him on 10 plays was the most bizzare bit of decisionmaking I have ever seen. If he was "equal" going into the season, it made no sense to use him as they did. I realize I'm in the minority but I don't love the use of McCummings either. If you're going to put him in, leave him in for a few series. Who knows, maybe he breaks one some time. This whole thing has the feel to me of an inexperieiced head coach who is trying to keep 3 guys happy rather than an experienced coach who knows what he wants to accomplish. The other possibility is that he decided early on that none of these guys is the future (let's face it, we all know Mac is a stopgap solution)and he needs to recruit the future, in which case look for a JUCO to show up in January because even if Cochran is the real deal he won't be ready until 2013.

Reaction Score
I agree. Nine games into the season and we have a 3 headed QB monster. I want to believe in these guys, but they make it exceedingly difficult.

I see an unispired effort this Saturday I wouldn't mind if the new AD looked real close at what to do as early as next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom