What would KO's resume look like if ....,, | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What would KO's resume look like if ....,,

Reaction Score
Ya, definitely.

What would the Pats look like without Brady? What would have happened if 15 things happened every season we won a title?

The answer is, what does that matter?
PASSING CP/ATT YDS TD INT FPTS
J. Garoppolo 18/27 234 3 0 27

Reaction Score
A program at UCONN'S level is supposed to be able to reload on a regular basis. Thats the expectation when the program is a 4 time national champ over a 20 year period.

Recruiting and player development.

Reaction Score
From what I've heard, someone who knows someone told me that KO banned JC from practices and has distanced himself from JC the last couple of years. Granted this is hearsay but it is from someone who knows those very close to the program. Has anyone else heard this?
Tim, I haven't but it wouldn't surprise me. I met JC after the 12-13 season. My friend and I asked him if he was surprised by what a great job KO did that season. We were surprised when JC said KO and the team had no expectations or pressure that season and that it's a lot easier to play like that. I expected to hear him gush over his handpicked guy but instead sensed a competitive relationship there instead.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Very, very, doubtful. My guess is JC stayed away out of respect for his hand picked successor. If KO hasn't tap JC every once in a while, he'd be a fool. And I highly doubt JC has ever been banned from practice.

Reaction Score
Next season not 1 player will be in the roll they were in this season.. Many with minimal experience..With a front loaded schedule ( do to horrible conference) it is going to be hard to get a on court chemistry going. We failed out of the gate this season and that was a large part of it.
Oh gosh, please don't start with preemptive excuses for next season already....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What would his resume look like if "coach on the floor" Bazz left early? The further removed we get from 2014 the more I think Bazz was the driver and the coaching staff passengers along for the ride.

I don't get this. What would 2011 look like if kemba left early? News flash, it takes top shelf players, especially at pg, to win big. Players play. It's always on the players.

Reaction Score
What would his resume look like if "coach on the floor" Bazz left early? The further removed we get from 2014 the more I think Bazz was the driver and the coaching staff passengers along for the ride.
Definitely helps if you have a guy who can do this

and definitely if he can do this

KO has not had a playmaker like that who can just walk up and sink a jumper like Bazz did all through 2014. God it was so unfair how often Bazz could just walk up and launch a 3 at the top of the perimeter and it'd go in.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
You know he did leave early right?
You realize, of course, that that was after graduating in 3 years. Oh and after a championship and a legendary 11 game run. Right?

Reaction Score
This years team allowed more and ones from soft fouls than any team I ever recall.. They played SOFT.

Don't know whether or not you were around to watch the Big East 12 to 25 or even 30 years ago. The game has changed a lot. Under the basket BEast fouls are now technicals and hard old BE fouls will get you tossed today. And I'm not talking Grayson Allen dirt bag fouls either.

I would agree that safety is important and maybe some evolution was necessary. But I think the kids today are coached not to do what was once just a "hard foul" and risk getting T'd up or tossed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From what I've heard, someone who knows someone told me that KO banned JC from practices and has distanced himself from JC the last couple of years. Granted this is hearsay but it is from someone who knows those very close to the program. Has anyone else heard this?
Let's pray this is not even remotely accurate. I would be sick to my stomach to even learn there was minimal ongoing relationship and guidance. It would be coaching malpractice not to have JC on speed dial.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom