OT: - What Will You Do With Stimulus Money? | The Boneyard

OT: What Will You Do With Stimulus Money?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
We have decided that we will spend 100% of it in local, one-location small businesses as quickly as we reasonably can. These places are a major piece of the economy and pretty much define the community you live in and probably employ(ed) your kids or grandkids. I fear if we don't actively support these places, we may be left with Walmart, Amazon and nothing else when all is said and done. That would be a shame.

If you are eligible to receive anything, what will you do with your piece?

No political statements PLEASE! It's happening, voted in on a non-partisan basis, and I'm just curious where people will apply this money. Savings? Routine bills? What?

Reaction Score
They are using the the only year (out of the last 55) I've ever come close to making decent money (severance pay after layoff)... so I get nothing.

Reaction Score
I qualify, but it hasn't come in yet . . . and I just made my first qtrly tax payment to the IRS for 2020! :confused:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Half is going to pay a vet bill and the other half is going into savings. We’ve been really mindful about supporting local restaurants and tipping delivery drivers well.

I’m thankful I’m still getting my full paycheck and can work with reasonably low stress from home.

Reaction Score
We are going to donate all of it to the Regional Foodbank of NENY. Have you seen the long lines of cars at foodbanks in San Antonio and elsewhere? These people really need our help. Please consider donating something to your local foodbank, pantry or soup kitchen.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
All of mine went into a new computer that allows me to be somewhat productive at home. I am thankful to still have a job.

We'd planned on ordering once a week from the local Chinese place, but they've closed. We did takeout from the local Greek place, but it wasn't nearly as good as in the past, plus it had a long line so was a bit of an uncomfortable wait. There's a Mexican place we like, but I just can't imagine that driving a couple of miles would do rellenos any good.

Reaction Score
I'm not getting any money, but it's OK I am able to work from home and collect my normal pay. Not looking to go on any spending sprees either with a job market that is less than ideal to put it mildly right now.

Reaction Score
I'd love to buy all the Boneyarders a burger and beer but, unfortunately, before he gets his degree our Grandson's last semester has to be paid in full (and I have already told him that he will be doing yard work until it's paid off).

Reaction Score
Don't qualify but will be contributing to the Federal and State coffers with the income tax payment in July.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna import me a big box of live bats from the Chinese wet markets. They are cheaper if I get 3 boxes or more. Anyone want in on the deal?
Do you have to pay Chinese sales tax? or tariffs?

Reaction Score
My brother and sister-in-law have received the money in bank account last night. I have not received yet.

I will buy a new Labtop PC and a roasted Peking Duck ...

1587076128536.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm putting half in the bank and giving half to local charities. But I ended up owing a small amount the last couple of years so I'm not sure they have my routing number. Hopefully the check is in the mail.

Reaction Score
Might buy a bottle of some fine cognac and a pack of black and milds.... keep them in storage for April 2021. A few of yall might understand my reasoning.

Hey! Time out, isn't her birthday in September?

A few days ago the roommate cheerily announced he's selling the place and I have to be gone in seven days so looks like I'm spending a chunk of mine on boxes. Lots of boxes.
1085688268.jpg.0.jpg

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
We have decided that we will spend 100% of it in local, one-location small businesses as quickly as we reasonably can. These places are a major piece of the economy and pretty much define the community you live in and probably employ(ed) your kids or grandkids. I fear if we don't actively support these places, we may be left with Walmart, Amazon and nothing else when all is said and done. That would be a shame.

If you are eligible to receive anything, what will you do with your piece?

No political statements PLEASE! It's happening, voted in on a non-partisan basis, and I'm just curious where people will apply this money. Savings? Routine bills? What?
That is precisely what I plan to do if I get one! I don't know if we do. For the past 10 years I've been a 24/7 caregiver as we live off my wife's disability income. We have adapted to that level of income and do not need any extra. However, getting a check will mean, as in your case, a boon to local businesses, which is the point of the stimulus check after all. Plus I would enjoy not preparing all the meals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom