What will Whaley Do? | The Boneyard

What will Whaley Do?

Reaction Score
Nobody gets more phantom foul calls than this kid. If he can get a game where the zebras leave him alone, I think he could be a real difference maker for us. He brings energy, mobility, and enthusiasm at all times and I'd love for him to get more court time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Nobody gets more phantom foul calls than this kid. If he can get a game where the zebras leave him alone, I think he could be a real difference maker for us. He brings energy, mobility, and enthusiasm at all times and I'd love for him to get more court time.
I think he can bring energy and hustle especially on the defensive end where we are getting killed. Cobb should start at the five and then it depends how we play at the four. Regardless DO and KW should not see the floor unless we need their fouls

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Agree on DO, but Williams showed a bit more in the last game than I'd previously believed him to be capable of. I wouldn't mind seeing him get 5mpg.

Reaction Score
I see Carlton, Whaley and Polley all about the same. All three have SOME good components to their game. They do play with energy. They seem eager to learn; and we’ve seen each get assertive criticism and they respond positively.

They didn’t come in as “ready to play”. But I think all three are very good prospects for Big Development. You might see one of the three with a huge jump Soon. The practice play drives this.

Reaction Score
The last few games we seem to put the other team in the bonus so quickly, which obviously changes the game. David O and Mamadou legitimately foul a lot but the other bigs that play (Cobb, Carlton, Whaley) get called for so many touch fouls. I think it is simply the refs not knowing who these guys are as they haven't seen them before and none have a national reputation. Reputation matters in officiating at every level. Our bigs aren't getting the benefit of the doubt for a while.

I like Whaley because hes active, athletic, and can make things happen on the offensive glass. It also appears that he buys in to the coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom