What will happen to this place if... | The Boneyard

What will happen to this place if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...something happens like:

Ewing and Gtown lose 2 in a row, the second to lowly Uconn at home.

Ralph Sampson and Virgina lose to Chaminade

Uconn loses to George Mason.

Boodshed? Mayhem? Divorce?

Can we enjoy this season if it doesn't live up to expectations?

Reaction Score
I think it depends how far from expectations it ends up being. Right now what is it? Final Four? Anything less than a Sweet Sixteen or maybe even Elite Eight would be tough to swallow as far as the tourney goes, but would probably have been enjoying the regular season and BET while the season was ongoing. Would not be enjoyable if they were clearly not clicking as a team, bad team chemistry, and dropping some real "wtf" type losses and entering with a bad seed.

Reaction Score
If this team reminds me, in any way, shape, or form, of the 2009-2010 team (save for knocking off the #1, 3, & 8 ranked teams), I will be disappointed. That's not a shot at any individual players, that team just had awful chemistry, zero leadership, and was incredibly frustrating to watch at times. Other than that though, whatever happens, happens.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm not worried, 2009/2010 only happened once in JC's career

Reaction Score
If this team reminds me, in any way, shape, or form, of the 2009-2010 team (save for knocking off the #1, 3, & 8 ranked teams), I will be disappointed. That's not a shot at any individual players, that team just had awful chemistry, zero leadership, and was incredibly frustrating to watch at times. Other than that though, whatever happens, happens.

I agree completely with your statement...the only other maddeningly frustrating squad was the 2006 team that should have waltzed into the Final Four. This past season has washed away some of the bitterness from 2006, although, being at the Wachovia Center when Villanova knocked off the Huskies back in 06. and leaving the parking lot, my wife and I thought those Main Line tools were gonna vandalize our vehicle. The whole ride up the Blue Route until the Villanova exit, all we got were middle fingers.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
...something happens like:

Ewing and Gtown lose 2 in a row, the second to lowly Uconn at home.

Ralph Sampson and Virgina lose to Chaminade

Uconn loses to George Mason.

Boodshed? Mayhem? Divorce?

Can we enjoy this season if it doesn't live up to expectations?
Well on the old site, it would be an apocalypse of morose comments, accusation, and promises of suicide, but the new site is a happy place, largely devoid of trolls where people have enhance avatars and can post videos, so on this site I think that ….it would be pretty much the same.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Well on the old site, it would be an apocalypse of morose comments, accusation, and promises of suicide, but the new site is a happy place, largely devoid of trolls where people have enhance avatars and can post videos, so on this site I think that ….it would be pretty much the same.

That's right.....I have found my inner Happy Place right here on The Boneyard, where the sun always shines and UConn is always The Champs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think if we signed a contract in blood promising we would enjoy this season no matter what happens in the season, with the penalty being some alien super being would physically torture us if we reneged on our agreement, you would get pretty good compliance. After the first boneyarder who broke the pact was beamed from their computer to an orbiting spaceship you could be certain everyone would comply. But what are the chances people would sign a blood contract?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
there are always WTF losses. hell, the team lost 9 big east games last year before going on the 11 game win streak to end the season. some of those big east losses were horrible. any time we lost to PC it's horrible.

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
I agree - there is ALWAYS a WTF loss (or two). Who this year? - Who knows (hence "WTF")

Reaction Score
Can we stop with every suggesting we should not have high expectations? The team is bringing back a ton of talent from a national championship season. There are concerns across the board with this team...we should have them--but the same goes for all the top teams.

Some people will disappointed no matter what. The message (that we should enjoy the season) is a good one. And we should not EXPECT a Final Four. We've had more talented teams ('95, '96, '06) miss that goal; however, a 20-10 regular season with this team would be disappointing. A second round exit would be as well.

The expectations, as I have them, are for a a chance at the BE Championship, and a tournament run at least into the second weekend. I will be disappointed with anything else--but I don't think that is unreasonable.

Reaction Score
We need to stop with suggesting we should not have high expectations, but also not expect a Final Four?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Can we stop with every suggesting we should not have high expectations? The team is bringing back a ton of talent from a national championship season. There are concerns across the board with this team...we should have them--but the same goes for all the top teams.

Some people will disappointed no matter what. The message (that we should enjoy the season) is a good one. And we should not EXPECT a Final Four. We've had more talented teams ('95, '96, '06) miss that goal; however, a 20-10 regular season with this team would be disappointing. A second round exit would be as well.

The expectations, as I have them, are for a a chance at the BE Championship, and a tournament run at least into the second weekend. I will be disappointed with anything else--but I don't think that is unreasonable.
I'm excited about the season but the native New Englander in me is duly pesimistic. There will be reasons to be excited and frustrating losses. Isn't that why we're all fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom