What will be the Defensive approach this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What will be the Defensive approach this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
"you're wrong" LOL

defensive FG% was 39.5, 17th in the nation

reconcile that with your analysis

Reaction Score
2009 defensive efficiency #3, 2010 was #33 not bad but not nearly good enough by UConn standards. Granted they did even worse offensively but my point about funneling guards to the middle is a highly personnel dependent strategy. They did not have the personnel for it in 2010 yet they still did it. Last year was completely different.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
so you want to blame the disastrous 09/10 season on getting a freshmen in foul trouble? because they played the same lazy defense that got them to the final four the year before? that's your argument?

well I couldn't disagree more. That team had lots of issues, starting with a 1-9 record in games decided in the final seconds. Poor execution down the stretch, too many turnovers, no go to guy, one bad decision after another, and a very bad rebounding team by JC standards. It was not about some "lazy defense". Their defensive FG% was 39.5, which ranked 17th in the nation. That team couldn't score when they needed to, didn't get the big rebound when they needed to, and turned the ball over at the worst possible time. They were not lazy on defense
+1

Reaction Score
we will play inyour face man to man. We will have the added advantage of being able to alter/block shots. Our bigs are mobile, agile,and will make anyone who come down the lane feel fragile. JC has a track record of having his teams ready to play D. I see alost of pressure in the back court and Uconn leading the country in blocks. He doesn't rely on trickery just flat out bust your butt D. Don't do it don"t play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom