What Wednesday's NCAA ruling will mean for the 2020-21 college basketball season | The Boneyard

What Wednesday's NCAA ruling will mean for the 2020-21 college basketball season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Myron Medcalf and Jeff Borzello Sept 15, 2020

Wednesday's ruling from the NCAA Division I Council will provide critical clarity about the 2020-21 college basketball calendar.

"The NCAA Division I council is set to meet on Wednesday, after which a series of guidelines for the 2020-21 men's and women's college basketball seasons are expected to be revealed. Recommendations for a start date are expected to be formalized, and the announcement will have implications for the season, including the 2021 NCAA tournaments.

1600184239223.png

These are the ways in which our college basketball team expects the picture to become clearer on Wednesday, and what will still need to be determined following the announcement. We break down the most important questions heading into the session."

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'm more than fairly confident there will be some sort of season. I've been confident of this and have said so since March so....

Reaction Score
There will ABSOLUTELY be a college basketball season this year, without a doubt! The NCAA generates a huge part of its revenue off the NCAA tournament and there is no way they are missing out on that money in back to back years. My guess is the season starts around Christmas time and teams will play a shortened schedule followed by a NCAA tournament in mid to late April.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There will ABSOLUTELY be a college basketball season this year, without a doubt! The NCAA generates a huge part of its revenue off the NCAA tournament and there is no way they are missing out on that money in back to back years. My guess is the season starts around Christmas time and teams will play a shortened schedule followed by a NCAA tournament in mid to late April.
Which is pretty much what I've said since March.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
There will be a season. It's definitely going to look different and most of us will only see our favorite teams from the comfort of our living room. I'm more interested to hear the implications for the tournament.. there has to be one this year and COVID is going to do a number on logistics. With a presumed later season, the tournament has to be before the WNBA season.. but doing a NCAA "bubble" would mean that students could potentially miss finals if the tournament is too early but the WNBA means it can't be too late. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Basketball is almost certain.Look, the mathematically challenged Big Ten says it will now play football starting Oct. 23. [ ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Basketball is almost certain.Look, the mathematically challenged Big Ten says it will now play football starting Oct. 23. [ ]
Must not be chemically challenged as that is "Mole" day [see Avogadro's number for the power of "TEN"]....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom