What We Need To Do Better | The Boneyard

What We Need To Do Better

Reaction Score
Great win last night and we saw some pieces to the puzzle fitting in. We made shots! We rebounded! We hustled and we looked like a team! And it really looks like Alterique has taken a load of pressure off of Jalen's back. While we can't expect that kind of 3pt shooting heat to continue every game, it looks like we have some answers on offense.

II watched the game with a friend who played ball in CT and respect his opinion a lot. One of the things he kept coming back to was forcing drives in the lane when a pull-up looked like it was available. We've had players that could do that in the past and I wonder whether any of the guys on the court last night, or possibly a Sidney Wilson might provide that dimension in the future.

Any comments on that or any other adjustments the more sophisticated fans here might make?

Reaction Score
Great win last night and we saw some pieces to the puzzle fitting in. We made shots! We rebounded! We hustled and we looked like a team! And it really looks like Alterique has taken a load of pressure off of Jalen's back. While we can't expect that kind of 3pt shooting heat to continue every game, it looks like we have some answers on offense.

II watched the game with a friend who played ball in CT and respect his opinion a lot. One of the things he kept coming back to was forcing drives in the lane when a pull-up looked like it was available. We've had players that could do that in the past and I wonder whether any of the guys on the court last night, or possibly a Sidney Wilson might provide that dimension in the future.

Any comments on that or any other adjustments the more sophisticated fans here might make?
Tarin seems to do that quite well.

Reaction Score
Smith pulled up for short J's a couple of times. Maybe Alterique has it in his game. I dont see the other 3 guards having that as an element of their game because their shooting mechanics look like they need to have their feet set to get off comfortable jumper.

Reaction Score
AG, as has been said already, mailed a fee daggers...still think there were 3 or four times where he tried to do too much or force things (trying to lay it in vs a few trees in the way for example) but boy is he talented.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't take too much out of how we played on offense. We won't play against many zones like Syracuse's this year.

I'd be more focused on what we did last night with effort and on defense.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
CV

This kid was very steady early. Then in the 2nd half he was cringe-worthy.

Reaction Score
Limiting turnovers is about it.

This. There were just too many little mistakes. Telegraphed passes that got picked off, players driving into the defense with really nowhere to go. At the end of the day this is still a relatively inexperienced team so I have full faith this will continue to improve.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wouldn't take too much out of how we played on offense.

I take a lot out of how we played on offense. We had a plan to attack the zone and executed. Wasn't always the same guy flashing to the middle. Compare to how we played the zone for the last few years. One guy dribbling a hole in the floor up top while random folks in the crowd yelled, "Somebody move!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom