What was the ACC thinking? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What was the ACC thinking?

Reaction Score
You think so? I think the B1G is a good step ahead of them. In football, it's not remotely close. And while ACC basketball is ahead, it's not by as large of a margin. On the East Coast, we do get more ACC bball coverage of course.

ACC BBall is largely just a two team conference with an annually interchanging above average group sitting 3-5. I mean, they added Pitt, Cuse, and BC, all of whom have mostly floundered since. Only Louisville has performed as expected.

The ACC also added ND for basketball. The Irish have done fairly well, winning an ACC title and two Elite 8 finishes in the last three years.

Reaction Score
Lets see....................you are away for a weekend from normal life, at a fancy hotel with some colleagues you get a long with, and have two options:
1. hookers, cash, and blow
2. doughnuts.

Objectively speaking, I don't think just the ACC alone would choose option 1.

Reaction Score
Louisville is the "breakfast sausage on pizza" of universities.

Just watching Louisville vs. Clemson...
They are an average UNI (165 in U.S. News & World Report national university rankings), not BAD, just, plainly average. That in of itself is not the issue. The issue is, if the ACC was about academics as they claim, they only invite universities of excellent standings. Or at least great UNIs who are on the path to being excellent, such as Uconn. So why did they invite Miami or Lville in that case, who are, as I said, average? Who knows..If the acc is a bball conference first as some would claim, Uconn is far superior to the aforementioned programs and from 1990 to 2015 are comparable to UNC and Duke (4 national championships and 5 final fours, try to argue against that). That is why I think something shady went down with Lvilles invite, just a hunch. I have NO issue with Cuse being invited, though I dislike them. I kind of get Miami being invited for football alone. But BC and Lville were and always will be the huge ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom