What was that half? | The Boneyard

What was that half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, I'm not worried at all based on 20 minutes. And seeing as how Stanford was celebrating a one-point lead like they won the championship, I'm pretty confident in UConn's chances.

I guess I'm just a little confused about what the game plan was. Rather than running some offense and working the ball inside to, um, the best player in the country, everyone just felt like jacking a 3 with 25 seconds left on the shot clock. And while UConn was scrapping and clawing for every bucket, Stanford's guards were inexplicably driving in for one uncontested layup after another.

Then again, this is probably a good time to remind myself that it's November 17.

Reaction Score
Stokes cannot get in foul trouble, We really need her on the interior defense.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The early season west coast trip" has always been funky about the second game. If we pull it out, fine. If we don't, Geno has something to work with for a while. Give Tara credit. New system and she's making it work.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe "a wake-up call" is the answer to the thread title.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incidentally, it's hard to work the ball inside to Stewart when she's being trapped every time she touches the ball. It's a sound strategy, and Geno will have to adjust to overcome it.

Reaction Score
Especially when she forgot to get out there before the 3-sec violation clicks in.
Incidentally, it's hard to work the ball inside to Stewart when she's being trapped every time she touches the ball. It's a sound strategy, and Geno will have to adjust to overcome it.

Reaction Score
What if the ladies got overconfident in the last game. What if the ladies had big heads due to their performance at UCDavis. What if Geno wasn't getting through to them after. What if Geno let them play THEIR game yesterday.
Practice back at Storrs will be interesting. Geno has let them stew for the entire plane trip.
Me thinks Geno now has the blank canvas he needs to mold these ladies into a fighting force.
Besides I have always been a conspiracy theorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom