What was she looking at? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What was she looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"bit of a flopper"... seriously?
If Aaliyah is a flopper.... I assume her black and blue marks and broken nose
are the evidence? IMHO she gets mugged! Opposing teams know that if
you knock Aaliyah out of the game, directly or by TKO, it increases the chance of
the UCONN opponent winning. Aaliyah is one tough Canadian.... She only
misses games when her nose is broken. She will not be deterred by the IOWA
defense. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
That was the Pac 12 ref Kyle Bacon. He called almost every ticky-tack foul that put UCONN in trouble. And he ignored the hard contact inflicted on the Huskies.
I watched the replay today & it verified my concern about the ref. But the ironic part is that the other ref Brian Hall called most of the USC fouls. I wonder if he didn't care for the one- sided whistle from his counterpart.
A ref from the Pac 12 officiated at the Elite 8 with a Pac 12 team participating? Why? Refs weren't available from other conferences? The NCAA not involved?

Reaction Score
Stop getting bent out of shape if someone suggests that AE flops now and then. Goodness.
Every team does it. Most players have tried it.

Reaction Score
Stop getting bent out of shape if someone suggests that AE flops now and then. Goodness.
Every team does it. Most players have tried it.
I don’t think anyone is getting “bent out of shape“ over the suggested AE flops. But I do believe that everyone on this board has the privilege of responding to topics of interest, regardless of who agrees or disagrees. That’s how conversations occur.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t it Azzi that Aaliyah fell (or was pushed) into?
Duh! You're right. Paige's first injury was the non-contact injury at the end of the game. However, I still think AE flew backwards way too easily for a player of her size and strength.

Reaction Score
Let me clarify my previous post. There's a difference (in my mind) between flopping and selling, or over selling, a real foul. A foul is a foul regardless of the sell job. I can't recall any UConn player flopping on a non-foul. When AE fell backwards that was a foul, just sold a little bit. I don't recall, was that called a foul? I was focused on the injury...

I don't want to hear about broken noses. How is that germane to a player selling a foul? Please explain.

Reaction Score
I mean it’s like soccer I guess. You have possession, you make a score, play on. We didn’t need a foul called and it didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom