What was Cora thinking? | The Boneyard

What was Cora thinking?

Reaction Score
Another wasted effort by Sale and Cora brings in a Triple A pitcher with control issues to pitch the 8th in a tie game. This after a day off and with a rested bullpen.Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Reaction Score
Yeah that was very stupid and it wasn't even the top lefty from their pen. If you were gonna have Kelly try to clean up that guys mess might as well have him start that inning. Cora comes from that AJ Hinch school of coaching where he tries to become too much of genius at times, as opposed to making the simple move sometimes as a manager its not always the moves you make but the moves you dont make that can win or lose it in this case, I believe its one reason Cashman didnt wanna bring Girardi back.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Another wasted effort by Sale and Cora brings in a Triple A pitcher with control issues to pitch the 8th in a tie game. This after a day off and with a rested bullpen.Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Incredibly frustrating. However, if you can't score runs, you are not going to win many games anyway. I think the offense has to share the blame. After watching the Sox leave men in scoring position in the first few innings, I told my wife I cannot watch any more of this. They just never score for Sale. I ending up watching "Weekends with Yankee" and got a good night's sleep.

Reaction Score
Incredibly frustrating. However, if you can't score runs, you are not going to win many games anyway. I think the offense has to share the blame. After watching the Sox leave men in scoring position in the first few innings, I told my wife I cannot watch any more of this. They just never score for Sale. I ending up watching "Weekends with Yankee" and got a good night's sleep.
Sox were 5-2 on the road trip going into the Minn game and they were hitting about .230. The pitching has been outstanding but the offense is anemic. All a manager can do is give the team the best chance to win. Cora didn't do that last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom