What UConn needs to do going forward | The Boneyard

What UConn needs to do going forward

Reaction Score
1.Williams needs to stop deferring and become the alpha she is. She’s been trying to find that balance. (No more Baylor stuff) take over! I think they all realize this now!
2. Katie needs to get inside more. She’s 6’3!!! Shots don’t always fall in tight games when you’re tired from the arc. This has been a issue the last two years in close games. She actually has a decent low post moves and would be a matchup prob. Teams are not going to let her float around the perimeter in crunch time.
3. Crystal needs to be more aggressive. Not a shoot first point guard...but definitely a shoot more! She cannot be defended and it’s time she turns loose. Even in Geno’s system I need 18 or more from her in big games.
4. Pheesa has to continue to shoot the ball from the perimeter. This has been her cryptonite in tough games against larger players. She can! Trust it!
5. Megan needs to be more aggressive and trust her instincts. Like Christyn she’s tippy toeing around at times trying to find the balance of when to go and when to defer. She’s aggressive by nature. Trust it and go!

Anxious to see them grow! The only issue is we are in conference now and we won’t get to see if any of these developments take root until elite 8. Because they won’t be tested. Hope they get ready!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
1.Williams needs to stop deferring and become the alpha she is. She’s been trying to find that balance. (No more Baylor stuff) take over! I think they all realize this now!
2. Katie needs to get inside more. She’s 6’3!!! Shots don’t always fall in tight games when you’re tired from the arc. This has been a issue the last two years in close games. She actually has a decent low post moves and would be a matchup prob. Teams are not going to let her float around the perimeter in crunch time.
3. Crystal needs to be more aggressive. Not a shoot first point guard...but definitely a shoot more! She cannot be defended and it’s time she turns loose. Even in Geno’s system I need 18 or more from her in big games.
4. Pheesa has to continue to shoot the ball from the perimeter. This has been her cryptonite in tough games against larger players. She can! Trust it!
5. Megan needs to be more aggressive and trust her instincts. Like Christyn she’s tippy toeing around at times trying to find the balance of when to go and when to defer. She’s aggressive by nature. Trust it and go!

Anxious to see them grow! The only issue is we are in conference now and we won’t get to see if any of these developments take root until elite 8. Because they won’t be tested. Hope they get ready!

ckryptonite . ;)

Reaction Score
I agree all need to be more aggressive. Geno has been pounding on that; especially CW and MW. Danger does her thing well. No better player (imo) than KLS, all players don't score on every shot or well in every game. Give the defense against KLS and Napheesa some credit for that. Now it's for Geno and company to devise PLANS so that doesn't happen often--and they shall.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Kryptonite is what's used against superman. Cryptonite is used against Phee.
Don't you see the difference?? What is that stuff anyway???
Cryptonite is indecipherable Kryptonite. Can't figure it out, but it gets to you. ;)

Reaction Score
Gotta give Williams a break and let her develop and understand the system more. Every time KLS cuts or posts no one passes the ball, they don’t even wait to look for her as they are already turning to get rid of the ball, this is where we miss Gabby the most. Crystal had 18 shots, it was just a tough off game, she will be fine. When we move the ball and move without the ball stting screens, we are a better team. Players have to learn the offense. The defense was much better in the last game and we can be a pressing, more aggressive defensive team.

Reaction Score

Anxious to see them grow! The only issue is we are in conference now and we won’t get to see if any of these developments take root until elite 8. Because they won’t be tested. Hope they get ready![/QUOTE

Reaction Score
Louisville at the end of January at their place might be a testing ground!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Change your BY name then to---Cryptonite. (I would have said Kryptonite but that would be understandable)
Perhaps you take an online course in cryptography. Then you might crack the code. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think our backcourt needs to probe more. For the first time in a while, we have one of the quicker backcourts in the country. Crystal and Christyn need to penetrate the defense more. It felt like against Baylor we stood around and just shot jump shots off of dribble handoffs. I think if the guards can probe, it will force defenses to shift, opening perimeter shots and lanes for cutters.

That, and we need dictate an up tempo style of play. That’s our strength.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom