What UConn Basketball Should Look Like | The Boneyard

What UConn Basketball Should Look Like

Reaction Score
Winning is much better than losing. Winning is contagious. Winning produces character. Winning produces swagger. Winning produces confidence. Winning produces excitement. Winning produces recruits.

Winning continuously produces Conference Championships.

Winning against top teams produces UConn championships!

I want more winnng!!

Reaction Score
Good vibes. It’s moments like these that keeps the program strong and keep players around.

Reaction Score
Great atmosphere. A lot of fun despite shooting woes. Never felt the Gators were that much better talent wise and it would be a matter of time until they exploded.

Reaction Score
So awesome.

It was a great game by both sides IMO. In no way was either team deadly shooting or shutting each other out. I saw a team that had purpose, desire, ambition, and the will to win and not let the other team go ahead. Our D looked much, much better and our rebounding was much better. I saw some guys step up and make it happen for us to stay ahead. To see Akok fired up and step up was a real treat. These young kids need a taste of a big victory to het them going.

All around a solid performance. It has been a long time for me to see our boys take the floor and put on a good performance. Obviously neither team is polished or as refined as they can be, but, damn, let me savor this nice win we had today and feel good about what is hopefully to come.

Let's go UConn.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love it! I missed having this feeling after big games. We have an entire season ahead of us, so lets hope there are a lot more moments like this.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That was a big win. These kids should be excited. They knew what they signed up for when they decided to go to UCONN. They knew that they were part of a process to sort of rebuild, or re-establish a storied program. They knew it wouldn't be easy. For many of them, this was their biggest, or their signature win here. Awesome to watch.

Reaction Score
60D000F9-55D9-48A0-B2F1-41C0702F483F.jpeg

Reaction Score
In the second half, the Akok block which lead to a fast break Polley 3 was classic.
I don't think I have seen us do a fast break like that in a decade. I, too, thought it harkened back to the glory days.

I also saw a few different times we had numbers getting to the Florida basket on change of posession to setup our offense and create a numbers mismatch. Polley took the reigns there and went to work. Good to see us pressing up more versus running a halfcourt with poor execution.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom