What tonights Championship means to the Big East | The Boneyard

What tonights Championship means to the Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I decided a few days ago I'd probably be watching the Saints/Falcons game. A week ago I was really looking forward to rooting for Louisville, but now that both teams are officially on their way out I have more interest in the MAC championship than the BE's. The winner of the MAC championship may be playing for a BCS spot. Now that our conference is officially mid major it'd be nice to see a MAC team go.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
Empire State Building Tonight in Scarlet

LUDWB.jpg

Reaction Score
After the game the Big East should kick them both out of the league and award the BCS slot to Cinncinati.

Reaction Score
All it means is whoever wins will get the kicked out of them in the Sugar Bowl by Florida...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are a Rutgers fan and have nothing better to do than post Rutgers crap on a Connecticut board on the day you can win the league outright and go to the BCS... What does that say about you?

Parents couldn't drive you to the game? Don't really care about the team just enjoy trolling?

Reaction Score
If you are a Rutgers fan and have nothing better to do than post Rutgers crap on a Connecticut board on the day you can win the league outright and go to the BCS... What does that say about you?

Parents couldn't drive you to the game? Don't really care about the team just enjoy trolling?
If their a Rutgers fan their parents are most likely in jail.

F

fortebleedsblue

As much as I wasn't to trash talk rutty the reality is that I'm jealous as hell of their atmosphere, chance they'll win the conference with an 11-1 year and o yea their joining an elite conference. This game feels legit as far as college football... Uconn feels ummm no comment

... Excuse me while I cut myself

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I could **** talk a Rutgers fan or admit the reality that I'm jealous as hell of their atmosphere, chance they'll win the conference with an 11-1 year and o yea their joining an elite conference. This game feels legit as far as college football... Uconn feels ummm no comment

Yeah I'm not talking to a real Rutgers fan. Just some jackass on a message board. What the is wrong with you?

Reaction Score
As much as I wasn't to trash talk rutty the reality is that I'm jealous as hell of their atmosphere, chance they'll win the conference with an 11-1 year and o yea their joining an elite conference. This game feels legit as far as college football... Uconn feels ummm no comment

They struck gold. No other way to put it. After having accomplished next to nothing athletically. Life is gravy for them now.

I was torn on who to root against more, but RU makes it so easy.

F

fortebleedsblue

Anyone watching the Uconn bball game? It's like the football team now.. Watching paint dry... Remember the days of block city and ally oops? Does Ollie not allow dunking?

Reaction Score

... Excuse me while I cut myself
It would be 10-2 they lost to Kent St and Pitt.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm opting not to watch the RU game. I could care less who wins and all the ESPN bull****ing all over the Big East and UConn is the last thing I need. Thankfully the Thursday Night NFL game is a good one tonight. I'm glad Aresco didn't show up. I would expect him to do the same if we were in the same position.

Reaction Score
have we ever had alternate uniforms like RU? Thought the FAMILY on the back of the jerseys is awesome.

Reaction Score
have we ever had alternate uniforms like RU? Thought the FAMILY on the back of the jerseys is awesome.

You know the "FAMILY" on the back of their jerseys is an acronym for "Forget About Me I Love You" kind of goofy if you ask me. But i agree that we should have alternate jerseys it attracts attention and kids love them.

Reaction Score
They struck gold. No other way to put it. After having accomplished next to nothing athletically. Life is gravy for them now.

I was torn on who to root against more, but RU makes it so easy.

I don't know if I'd say life is gravy for them now. Realistically they'll settle in around 8-10 out of 14 in the conference, with annual trips to the Little Caesar's Bowl or the MCC Bowl of Texas. I'd trade places with them in a second, and obviously the checks they get will be nice, but there's not a doubt in my mind they'll mismanage that and still run their AD in the red. They just blew the best chance they'll have at a BCS Bowl in 20 years and you can ask BC fans how enthusiastic they are after after a few sub .500 seasons in a better conference.

Like I said I'm jealous that they were invited to the B1G, but let's not pretend Rutgers was just awarded a lifetime of excellence. They're still Rutgers. I love all the Rutgers fans at work right now. They're priceless.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'd say life is gravy for them now. Realistically they'll settle in around 8-10 out of 14 in the conference, with annual trips to the Little Caesar's Bowl or the MCC Bowl of Texas. I'd trade places with them in a second, and obviously the checks they get will be nice, but there's not a doubt in my mind they'll mismanage that and still run their AD in the red. They just blew the best chance they'll have at a BCS Bowl in 20 years and you can ask BC fans how enthusiastic they are after after a few sub .500 seasons in a better conference.

Like I said I'm jealous that they were invited to the B1G, but let's not pretend Rutgers was just awarded a lifetime of excellence. They're still Rutgers. I love all the Rutgers fans at work right now. They're priceless.

Well, I wrote that before they blew last night's game, so still no BCS game for RU to date. (They should've had this game in their back pockets midway 3rd qtr - had just faked a FG and threw a TD pass, which promptly got called back for an ineligible receiver downfield. 21-3 would have all but buried the 'Ville at that point. Yet Rutty kept 'em in the game, kept turning over the ball and eventually gagged the game away.) Any BCS bowl bids will only get that much harder for them now that they're moving on.

Still, their B1G ticket looks great compared to the island we're stranded on at the moment. Like you said, we'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom