What to do now ??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What to do now ???

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well...........if you are really bored, you can come to the ranch and bring hay out to feed the cattle, wild horses, and the elk. No hunting. Then there are the chickens, and the horses in the stalls. There is always cleaning the stalls. If you can drive a tractor, which you probably can, there are fields that can be turned over. There is always target shooting, horseback riding and scaring the coyotes away from cattle. Firewood....we like firewood...go collect and chop wood. Just do not have a heart attack while you do all of this.
ikr? big changes going on here, as parents infected us with luv for an old tv show 'barney miller,' so we've been watching that lately. herodotus on the back burner for now, with 'harris' from the show moving in. what will nick yamana say next? lol.
other than that, snafu as always, except for white oak timber prices -thru the roof, and firewood demand, too.
losing regular pick-up/league games can cause depression if you let it. don't let it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
ikr? big changes going on here, as parents infected us with luv for an old tv show 'barney miller,' so we've been watching that lately. herodotus on the back burner for now, with 'harris' from the show moving in. what will nick yamana say next? lol.
other than that, snafu as always, except for white oak timber prices -thru the roof, and firewood demand, too.
losing regular pick-up/league games can cause depression if you let it. don't let it.
Barney Miller was a great show.

My yard is only half an acre, but it had 31 trees over 6" in diameter when we moved in. I haven't counted lately, but it's way down from that. We've lost a few big tuliptrees, three medium white oaks, a black gum, and one huge red oak. The red oak died three years ago, and it was growing at about a 30 degree angle, hanging right over the back-yard neighbor's trampoline. That one was pretty expensive to take down.

But for all of them we've kept the wood (we literally saved a couple thousand dollars on the biggest poplar), so not sensitive to cord-wood prices. I was keeping up with splitting up till a couple of years ago, but I've slowed down recently. That red oak is still good in the center, but the outer part is starting to soften. The wife and I can split and stack about half a cord in a few hours, but last weekend we only lasted two, and we paid for it for a couple of days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom