What time is the 2004 team being honored on Sunday? | The Boneyard

What time is the 2004 team being honored on Sunday?

Reaction Score
Looking to find out what time the honoring of the 2004 team will take place. Thanks!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My guess is halftime...could be wrong. They will probably run 2004-heavy videos on the big screen all day. Will be a fun one.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Hilton can't make it as the Warriors have a home game that day. Where is Marcus Williams these days?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Thank you for posting this. It was a nice way to start game day. We played great defense but some of that had to be attributed to our favorite non-UConn team Dook sort of choking a bit. They were not running any type offense and putting up contested threes. Funny thing I had forgotten how little CV played in the second half. But if you think about that team it was a different game. We had Taliek, Gordon , Rashad, Book and Mel in the game. Double big and only two shooters. The game has changed. And those shorts Taliek was wearing came down to almost mid calf. 20 years ago and look how far technology has come.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Ben Gordon made me fall in love with UConn basketball.

So glad he’s there and healthy, can’t wait to see him

Had game oozing out of his eyeballs #bgesus

Reaction Score
Ben Gordon being there is a major surprise. Really really hope things are going better for him.
While it was being arranged for members of the 2004 UConn men’s basketball team to reconvene in Hartford and celebrate the 20-year anniversary of their national championship, coach Jim Calhoun wondered if Ben Gordon would show up. He wanted to make sure Gordon did.

“I only called him five times this week,” Calhoun said.

“I said, ‘Call me back with your ticket number,’” Calhoun said. “I said, ‘I'm not going to go out there and chauffeur you, but I want to know where it is.’ Just to encourage him. He's incredibly bright. He's a really great guy. I'm sure that during the difficult times — there are times that he's got to spend doing things, or talking to a therapist — I just wanted to show him that if you're looking for love, it's here. People love you, and understand that you've been through a very difficult time.”

“I’m in a good place,” Gordon said Saturday, avoiding nothing but elaborating on little.

Alternate access:

Ben Gordon back with UConn men's basketball 'family' as 2004 title team honored: 'In a good place'

Reaction Score
IMG_4914.jpeg

I can’t love this picture enough.

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Denham couldn’t make it? Or what he’s been up to? Wasn’t hoping to see him at the Ceremony along with the others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom