What They're Sayin' | The Boneyard

What They're Sayin'

Reaction Score
With opening days approaching, welcome to "What They're Sayin'"!

It was obviously difficult to find things to post from Kenesaw State and Georgia State but there's some good stuff out of the Tech fans, as you might expect.

My wife is a Georgia Bulldawg so I have to say an obligatory "To HELL with Georgia Tech"

Please post anything you come across and Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
IMG_5163.PNG

Reaction Score
The Tech fans seem mighty confident against us.

Do we agree that they have a 59% chance of winning?
I’m not sure why their coach/fans think Cate will pitch Sunday. That would be very un-Penders-like. It would also leave Cate with a significantly short recovery time assuming he pitches the Friday after.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure why their coach/fans think Cate will pitch Sunday. That would be very un-Penders-like. It would also leave Cate with a significantly short recovery time assuming he pitches the Friday after.

Maybe they're assuming we're going to pitch him against the highest quality openent we face this weekend?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The Tech fans seem mighty confident against us.

Do we agree that they have a 59% chance of winning?

Not unreasonable considering home field advantage, and us adjusting to the outdoors.

If we played them at home in April I would give us ~ a 63% chance to win.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe they're assuming we're going to pitch him against the highest quality openent we face this weekend?

Given the sportsmanship some of their players displayed back in the '16 tourney, I'm guessing Georgia Tech baseball in general doesn't think too highly of us.

Reaction Score
Given the sportsmanship some of their players displayed back in the '16 tourney, I'm guessing Georgia Tech baseball in general doesn't think too highly of us.

I remember watching those games, but don't recall the specific issue you're referring to.

Could you elaborate?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I remember watching those games, but don't recall the specific issue you're referring to.

Could you elaborate?

I may have mis-remembered it, but I seem to recall some real chippiness on the part of their closer (Gorst).

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Their asshat closer jawed off to our fans a couple of years back. We hit him fairly hard too IIRC.

We gave Florida a much better fight than GT did.

Reaction Score
Their asshat closer jawed off to our fans a couple of years back. We hit him fairly hard too IIRC.

This all seems to be in line with what I know about their athletes and fans

Reaction Score

I was at that game and our fans should share some of the blame for that. It was pretty embarrassing by all involved

Reaction Score
I may have mis-remembered it, but I seem to recall some real chippiness on the part of their closer (Gorst).
Wow, yes I can't believe I almost forgot about that. I was at the game down in Gainesville. Yes, the Ga Tech closer was a real jerk. Is he still with them? I am heading down Sunday. If so, I'll need to say something.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Wow, yes I can't believe I almost forgot about that. I was at the game down in Gainesville. Yes, the Ga Tech closer was a real jerk. Is he still with them? I am heading down Sunday. If so, I'll need to say something.

The Red Sox drafted him a week later. As a fan of theirs, he was not my favorite selection.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He has not been making waves within their system...as a Yankees fan I cannot profess to be rooting for his future success.

Reaction Score
IMG_5222.PNG
Just sayin'

I think we could hold our own in the ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom