What the heck is going on at Quinnipiac? | The Boneyard

What the heck is going on at Quinnipiac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw that story on another website.
Story is gettin' stranger by the minute at QU.

Reaction Score
Any remaining chance Tom Moore had of coaching at Connecticut is now officially over.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tom Moore wasn't coaching at Connecticut because he can't win the NEC. He has the best resources in the conference and can't get them over the hump.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tom Moore wasn't coaching at Connecticut because he can't win the NEC. He has the best resources in the conference and can't get them over the hump.

This.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does Calhoun have one of the least accomplished coaching trees out of any HOFer?

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does Calhoun have one of the least accomplished coaching trees out of any HOFer?

That's pretty accurate. He's had a couple do well then flame out (Hobbs, Leito), a couple do well at lower levels (Howie, Pikiell) and some, like Moore that do well at lower levels them flame out. He hasn't spawned any big fish yet, though I think Ollie has potential because he can recruit and has the best work ethic of any yet.

Reaction Score
Actually I've been saying that since he went to QU...let him get to the NCAA tournament and give some #1 seed a scare...actually accomplish something in other words...glad to see others now agree that is the first standard.

Reaction Score

I think it's because they all try to mimic JC's style/strategy for the most part (recruit athletes first and try to turn them into players) and a majority of coaches that employ that strategy fail miserably sooner or later or at least underachieve.

Rick Barnes, Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Lorenzo Romar etc. All guys whom have great athletes, big time recruits and generally underachieve and have teams with poor basketball IQ's and shaky skill levels.

IMO QU falls into that category, GW fell into that category with Hobbs. Miller was a different story in the Ivy League.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's because they all try to mimic JC's style/strategy for the most part (recruit athletes first and try to turn them into players) and a majority of coaches that employ that strategy fail miserably sooner or later or at least underachieve.

Rick Barnes, Calipari, Bruce Pearl, Lorenzo Romar etc. All guys whom have great athletes, big time recruits and generally underachieve and have teams with poor basketball IQ's and shaky skill levels.

IMO QU falls into that category, GW fell into that category with Hobbs. Miller was a different story in the Ivy League.
i think there's a lot to be said about that. Duke generally gets none of the best athletes, yet they are a final 4 potential team literally almost every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom