What shoulda been | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What shoulda been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And what if he came back and we went put up 12 losses and missed the postseason? He got a lot of exposure in the final four and undoubtedly boosted his draft stock. Very possible that he could have come back and put up similar numbers to last year with no NCAAT exposure and gone undrafted. The kid made a good decision, he would have been a 23 year old senior this year.

You live in or near the insurance capital of the United States. You think one of those companies in one of those big downtown buildings in Hartford might have written an insurance policy that would have covered that risk? I'm no underwriter, but the number of career ending injuries in a typical NCAA men's basketball season is just not that high. DD is taking the same risk of a career ending injury at 200k per season in Australia.

Reaction Score
You live in or near the insurance capital of the United States. You think one of those companies in one of those big downtown buildings in Hartford might have written an insurance policy that would have covered that risk? I'm no underwriter, but the number of career ending injuries in a typical NCAA men's basketball season is just not that high. DD is taking the same risk of a career ending injury at 200k per season in Australia.
I didn't mention the risk of injury. My point is that DD played on a national championship team last year and played games in the NCAAT that were watched by every NBA personnel guy out there. His stock was high as he played well and got excellent exposure at the end of the season. If he came back who knows what would have happened with the draft.

Reaction Score
Sorry bear. I clicked reply on the wrong one. That was meant for Scoe.

Reaction Score
Brimah at the 5
Daniels at the 4 Captain
Hamilton at the 3
Omar at the 2
Boat at the 1 Captain

We definitely do not give up game winning 3's to Texas and Yale (would not have been that close) we play Duke a hellllll of a lot better maybe even get the W, and we beat Stanford in a revenge game.

A guy can dream...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I must have missed the part where people were bashing DD for making that decision. Maybe direct me to the post?

At the time, I probably would have advised Daniels to declare. He was a 22-year-old junior, probably not going to get dramatically better, etc. All of that about striking while the iron is hot. But in retrospect, I have to think he'd have been better off playing another hand in Storrs - worst case scenario, he's probably in the same position a year from now.

This subject has obviously been beaten into the ground, so I'm not sure why we torture ourselves playing the what if game. Something to talk about, I guess.

Exactly the point I wanted to convey. You said it more succinctly than I could have.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And what if he came back and we went put up 12 losses and missed the postseason? He got a lot of exposure in the final four and undoubtedly boosted his draft stock. Very possible that he could have come back and put up similar numbers to last year with no NCAAT exposure and gone undrafted. The kid made a good decision, he would have been a 23 year old senior this year.

Going un drafted is the same as being a second round pick. You're not guaranteed a dollar in either position.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
If you're going to do this, do it right.

DALLAS (AP) -- Andre Drummond put up his fifth 20-20 game of the year Saturday as No. 1 UConn cruised to a 78-54 win over Southern Methodist. Drummond scored 24 points with 22 rebounds while DeAndre Daniels added 18 points for the Huskies. Ryan Boatright had 12 points and 14 assists for the reigning national champions.

Reaction Score
I can't come up with a single reason why DeAndre still comes up in the context of this current team. It's mystifying.

I mean, yes it's pointless, but it's hard to watch guys miss open shot after open shot and not think about Daniels draining threes in the tourney last year.

Reaction Score

It is what it is, what a player does after he leaves is on him, what Uconn does after that player leaves is on UConn. Selfishly I wish DD were still here of course, just like I want every player to stay at Uconn for 4 years.

Reaction Score
Raptors have 6 expiring contracts this year, including big men Amir Johnson, Chuck Hayes, Tyler Hansborough, and Greg Stiemsma. I haven't heard any rumors, but wouldn't be too shocking to see DD sign with them over the summer. The Raptors have admitted this is the equivalent of a soccer-style loan to Perth, and after a rough injury-recovering stretch to start the season he's been playing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom