What should our expectations be? | The Boneyard

What should our expectations be?

Reaction Score
Okay, so it feels more and more like we our heading towards the end of the Kevin Ollie era. Fine. He hasn't been good enough to this point and unless we see some progress with this team he should go.

But what happens when we hire another coach and still don't return to Calhoun era success? What happens when we can't attract a top coaching prospect to Storrs? What happens when we get worse recruiting after burning our bridges with our Alumni in the NBA?

If UConn fires Ollie, we're just another AAC program. We would have cut ties with our past and we won't even have the whole "UConn Brotherhood" thing to sell to recruits...

Taking this into account, in this new era, what should our expectations be?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's over. Look at the stands. We are getting around 6,000 per home game. People don't care. This Won't help.

Reaction Score
Consult with Calhoun and ask him for advice? Dunno...Clearly this does not SEEM to be working..

Reaction Score
Nobody should ever lose hope. If you truly bleed blue you dont quit, even if we do have another losing season under whoever Ollie or not. The moment the fans quit, thats the moment the program goes under. If we show support which everyone should, people will continue to want to be here. I know we arnt living up to the standard, but if you want to get back to that standard quit whining and show support.

Reaction Score
My expectations are still the same as they were a month ago, pound Cuse and a NIT championship

Reaction Score
Calhoun's "advice" wasn't so great in the first place, something a lot of us could see coming.

He was motivated by ego, wanting "his" guy, not the best long-term interest for the program.
Who else was realistically going to come in and coach this team after JC that was not going to treat this job like a stepping stone? Thats the one thing that I fear if KO is fired or leaves.

Reaction Score
JC has a humongous ego. The APR thing and his age showed him the door and he wanted his guy, then got him. If KO goes, all of the alums don’t start going to UMass reunions believe me. Before KO gets the door though we need to see if Chill can rope in some big talent and then maybe keep them and him.

Reaction Score
Nobody should ever lose hope. If you truly bleed blue you dont quit, even if we do have another losing season under whoever Ollie or not. The moment the fans quit, thats the moment the program goes under. If we show support which everyone should, people will continue to want to be here. I know we arnt living up to the standard, but if you want to get back to that standard quit whining and show support.
Agree that you shouldn't quit on the team, but that's not the reality at this point. Fans have already begun to quit in hordes. Just look at the stands. People are beginning to burn out on UConn basketball. The only thing that can solve this is winning, which is certainly not a given at this point unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Calhoun's "advice" wasn't so great in the first place, something a lot of us could see coming.

He was motivated by ego, wanting "his" guy, not the best long-term interest for the program.

Yeah but he should be the guy, it as the right idea. The family thing was and is real, may just have been the wrong one. I mean we now have people looking at Valparaiso coaches and assistants form the Midwest - you want to just be UMass take one of those avenues.

I'm not happy really unhappy actually with what I just saw but I don't have the answer right now. There's 24 games at least left so we will have a better idea after that because it's not happening before that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom