What seed? | The Boneyard

What seed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With a loss - I'd say a 4. (should be ranked in top 15)
With a win - I'd say a 3. (should be ranked around 10)

Reaction Score
A win and you've beaten three top 20 teams in three days, one on their home court.

A loss and you are 2-1 vs the top 20 over three days.

The way the season is going? That should be good for a 13 or 14. :rolleyes:

I see a 4/5 being how the committee views UConn, honestly, though I think they can play above that.

Reaction Score
With a loss - I'd say a 4. (should be ranked in top 15)
With a win - I'd say a 3. (should be ranked around 10)
I think they def. have an outside shot of a 3 seed with a win tomorrow, and depending on what happens with other teams. A loss and I think they are either a 4 or a 5.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not worried about NCAA.

Two nuts dropped. Tomorrow we lay seed on Louisville's beak.

Time to fly high and earn some red wings tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Cuse fans wondering if a win tomorrow puts us in Buffalo, and ships them somewhere else.

Reaction Score
If you believe Lunardi, before today we were a 5 seed, equal to MSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio State, and behind Cincy, UNC, Iowa State, and SDSU.

I think winning tonight locks in a 5 seed, but it might be difficult to make the argument for a 4 without winning tomorrow. We might be ahead of Cincy (though I doubt it based on the overall resume) or ahead of UNC after their loss today, but it'll be tough.

With a win, definitely a 4. I don't think we'd be able to unseat any of the 3 seeds, even freefalling Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Agreed on Cincy...have to win tomorrow to pass them. But I would argue that UNC losing to an unranked and before today bubble team Pitt bumps them onto the 5 line, and us on the 4 line, no matter what happens tomorrow.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you believe Lunardi, before today we were a 5 seed, equal to MSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio State, and behind Cincy, UNC, Iowa State, and SDSU.

I think winning tonight locks in a 5 seed, but it might be difficult to make the argument for a 4 without winning tomorrow. We might be ahead of Cincy (though I doubt it based on the overall resume) or ahead of UNC after their loss today, but it'll be tough.

With a win, definitely a 4. I don't think we'd be able to unseat any of the 3 seeds, even freefalling Syracuse.

Bullspit. We beat Cincy 2 out of 3 and have a better resume than UNC. They had a five week run where they were literally unbeatable. That's it. UConn has a better profile than the Tar Heels.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Here's a fun one.

If UConn is top-16 in the S-Curve, they probably can't get the MSG Regional, because there will be other teams in front of them who will get it picked for them first.

If UConn is outside the top 16, it's a worse seed, tougher matchup...but they would have a better chance at getting MSG.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Its all about match-ups boys! And the only teams that have our number are Louisville (soon to change) and SMU. We get a good draw, we're golden. In like a dirty shirt.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I think UConn is a solid 5 right now and definitely a 4 with a win against Louisville. Could maybe sneak up into 3 territory depending on how other teams fair.

Also, it's important for Florida to win the SEC. Being the last team to be the overall #1 is huge.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here's a fun one.

If UConn is top-16 in the S-Curve, they probably can't get the MSG Regional, because there will be other teams in front of them who will get it picked for them first.

If UConn is outside the top 16, it's a worse seed, tougher matchup...but they would have a better chance at getting MSG.

Matchup is everything. Gimme the better seed. We can play in the kazakhstan for all I care..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom